View Poll Results: Who will win the Southwest region?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kansas

28 52.83%
  • Notre Dame

11 20.75%
  • Purdue

7 13.21%
  • Louisville

3 5.66%
  • Vandy

1 1.89%
  • Georgetown

1 1.89%
  • Texas A&M

1 1.89%
  • UNLV

0 0%
  • Illinois

1 1.89%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Fsu 71, nd 57

How about a shout-out to FSU for doing the ACC proud and absolutely manhandling the Fighting Irish, a team which some thought deserved a #1 seed over Duke. With Chris Singleton coming back (he played 10 minutes in this game and 16 in the opener against Texas A&M) and a matchup against fellow upset winner VCU, the 'Noles seemed primed to keep it going.

Despite a "down year", the ACC gets three teams into the sweet 16 (out of four) while the Big East gets two of eleven, both of whom played other Big East teams in their second game (therefore it was guaranteed that a Big East team would advance).

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    How about a shout-out to FSU for doing the ACC proud and absolutely manhandling the Fighting Irish, a team which some thought deserved a #1 seed over Duke. With Chris Singleton coming back (he played 10 minutes in this game and 16 in the opener against Texas A&M) and a matchup against fellow upset winner VCU, the 'Noles seemed primed to keep it going.

Despite a "down year", the ACC gets three teams into the sweet 16 (out of four) while the Big East gets two of eleven, both of whom played other Big East teams in their second game (therefore it was guaranteed that a Big East team would advance).
    always good to see a hansbrough go down...especially like that
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post

The Big Least Conference earns it's name..

Quote Originally Posted by hurley1 View Post
    The Big Least Conference earns it's name..
    the big 10 was just as big a failure...especially after getting such cheap bubble teams in....that said VT proved today that maybe the committee was right to leave them out...
    1200. DDMF.

I couldn't be happier for FSU - great, great defense! Love that the ACC had 3 of 4 teams advance to the Sweet 16 - made my day! Oh, and the fact that the Big East had only 2 of 11 advance just sweetened it that much more.

FSU rocked it -- was cheering for them the whole way and now my bracket is for the better.

Congrats, Noles!

My brother's an FSU grad and is thrilled beyond words as is the rest of 'Nole nation I suspect. This is HUGE for their program. They were SO impressive vs. ND.

VCU seemed equally impressive vs. Purdue (2 of 16 teams from Richmond, go figure ... as many as the Big East, don't you love it?!) and the upcoming FSU-VCU game will be very interesting.

8. How lucky is Kansas this year?? Their second round opponent will be the highest seed they have to face in their regional. What's left: #12 Richmond, #11 VCU or #10 FSU. If they can't make the Final Four with this kind of competition...

Then in the Final Four they will face either a...
    - Overseeded Florida which got spanked by Kentucky on a neutral court in the SEC championship game
    - BYU team missing a key player
    - Decent but not exactly scary Wisconsin team
    - Plucky 8 seed Butler that has overperformed

Wow, just wow. Kansas is the Michigan State of this year.

VCU

I think VCU is very dangerous. They are playing with a HUGE chip on their shoulders since every announcer, analyst, prognosticator, etc, declared vehemently that VCU DID NOT BELONG IN THE TOURNAMENT. Their confidence grows with every game and they have something to prove. Loving what they have done and looking forward to seeing what they will accomplish.

LOVE that the city of Richmond has as many teams in the 16 as the entire Big East. Today was a fun day, except for the near heart attack that Duke gave me the last 10 minutes of the Michigan game. Here's hoping that was their ONE close call and the rest is fairly clear sailing. The only team that really scares me is OSU, but I am sure that K has a plan.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    I think VCU is very dangerous. They are playing with a HUGE chip on their shoulders since every announcer, analyst, prognosticator, etc, declared vehemently that VCU DID NOT BELONG IN THE TOURNAMENT. Their confidence grows with every game and they have something to prove. Loving what they have done and looking forward to seeing what they will accomplish.
    True, but at the same time, in a new tournament even with these VCU results, who would you rather face: VCU or Louisville?

But then again maybe I'm still brainwashed by the ESPN Big East love fest...

Entertaining Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post

LOVE that the city of Richmond has as many teams in the 16 as the entire Big East. Today was a fun day, except for the near heart attack that Duke gave me the last 10 minutes of the Michigan game. Here's hoping that was their ONE close call and the rest is fairly clear sailing. The only team that really scares me is OSU, but I am sure that K has a plan.
    VCU style ball is to take it at you relentlessly and continuously. They aren't big, but they have enough quick players to keep fresh legs in the game and enough good shooters to punish an opponent who tires under their pressure.

Against Purdue they held a 20 point lead and there was no idea of slowing down on offense. They continued to push the ball at them and work for a good shot. They would shoot when the opportunity came without trying to milk the clock. It is refreshing to see a team play with such abandon.

Duke has depth as well and excellent guards but our style has not been one where we push the ball, especially at the end of the game. Interesting to see the differences between the styles of the better teams in the tournament and the effectiveness of those styles.