Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 1 24 90 View Post
    Did you notice how Prince Harry wouldn't look Nolan in the eye in the hand shake line?
    Yeah, I noticed that too, he had a pout and wouldn't look at Nolan, typical Tar Heel. Sore loser.....bwaaahhhhhhhhhhh

I got list of first and second team and some quotes from the Greensboro News Record's tweets. http://twitter.com/michaelffuchs/acc...urney-updates#

Congratulations

Today was about 40 minutes of hard nosed, in your face defense. The tone was set by Nolan, who played fabulous defense. Also, our bigs really played excellent defense. Miles looks like a reincaration of Brian Zoubec. Where did this come from. He is our toughest guy in there if not the most athletic. Mason played very well and I thought Ryan played his best overall game, even though he only scored an efficient points. Ryan rebounded, stole the ball, played very good defense. He is a smart player and did it all.

This was a very balanced scoring effort. Andre hit 3 of 4, Seth scored well and even the bigs did well. Nolan had his usual great game and Kyle played tough, although he did turn the ball over and took too many 3's from my view.

Carolina couldn't deal with Dukkes defense.

Great win and I hope it gives them a #1 seed.

Amazing game, and an amazing performance for everybody. If we play with that type of versatility, and add Kyrie for some minutes (he says he is feeling good and is likely to play in the NCAA according to the twitter of dukehoopsblogger; I think that is the right one), we will be a favorite to cut down the nets. We have senior leadership, and a lot of talent.

So true!

Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    HOW FREAKIN SWEET IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Way to go Blue Devils!!!!! Took the fight to UNC today and showed great heart! Awesome Awesome win!!!!

GO TO HELL CAROLINA GO STRAIGHT TO FREAKIN HELL!!!!!!
    Now we can see all the Tar Heel fans go back into hiding, lol.

GO DUKE!!!!

Why is it I can never reach my Carolina friends by phone at times like this?

Oh well, the important thing is that the T-shirts are ordered...

Great win, great team. I think there was still a little bit of a burn left from yesterday's game with Va Tech to make the Devils ready to fight today.

On to The Big dance.

Next Play.

hud

GO DUKE!!!

How bout those devils!!!

What a beautiful game!!! The Devils immediately knocked them back with tough, in-your-face defense right from the start! Great job boys! Great job!

I know it's a cliche, but cliches are cliches for a reason. DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS. I felt comfortable the whole game because of how we were playing defense. What a great game when it meant everything. Hated opponent. ACC championship. Payback time. Hopefully number one seed.

Quote Originally Posted by BCGroup View Post
    Roy said "experience beat talent". Ugh.
    actually, he said "today, experienced talent beat talent" and the broader point he was making was that Duke's experience was a plus today. there was nothing wrong with he said. he was also HUGELY complimentary of Nolan Smith.

10 out of 13 ... 3 in a row

ACC Tournament Champions ten of thirteen years ... three in a row ... yowza!

Roy Williams does not have a grip on reality.
    Bob Green

Yes, this.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    Fantastic win, the team showed me a gear I wasn't sure we'd be able to find.

First off, we started well. What a difference, and it was keyed by the defense. They weren't getting any good looks, but they also failed to convert some easy shots. Offensively, Nolan was driving and Kyle was not settling for 3s. That created lof of inside out, balanced 3 point opportunities that we were able to knock down. Plus, we were all over the offensive boards.

I felt like we got away from what made us successful for a lot of the second half. All of a sudden, Kyle was back to front rimming 3s and Carolina was really starting to assert itself on the offensive glass. We also went away from the ball movement and balance that had keyed the first half. I felt a Heel run coming.

The key sequence of the game was with 5-6 minutes left when they cut it to 9. First, Nolan drove and kicked to Seth for a 3 which stopped a 5-0 Heel run. After 2 Marshall FTs, the Black Pigeon has a clean look from 3 and it went half down which would have cut the lead to 7. We come back and Kelly hits that corner 3. That was pretty much ballgame. If the Pigeon makes that 3, the crowd explodes and we have have wilted. Not on this day.

We are looking tough. Bring on the brackets!!! We should get the #1 out West but who knows?

Yes, best moment of the game was when the pigeon finally missed a big shot, Ryan hit the same three he kept missing at Carolina and the game was over. Fabulous game by everyone. Nolan off the charts, but props to Miles, Ryan, Andre, everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyWR View Post
    Yeah, I noticed that too, he had a pout and wouldn't look at Nolan, typical Tar Heel. Sore loser.....bwaaahhhhhhhhhhh
    He's a big ol' tiny-headed baby. No respect for the magnitude of the game. The preening doesn't go over well with the gods of karma.

Kind of a rinsed looking falcon.

Two main keys to the game, in my opinion.

1) Experience. Nolan and Kyle especially just came out with senior-like intensity. UNC's players came out as if they thought this was just another game. While they were probably a statisical draw, Kyle kept Barnes from winning the game (though that three that would have cut it to seven scared the daylights out of me). The job Nolan did on Marshall was tremendous. Marshall finally settled down and adjusted, but by then he was playing from well behind.

2) Seth Greenburg. I think the physical, nasty play by VaTech yesterday put our bigs in the proper frame of mine. Yes, it cost us some fouls, but we had the depth to absorb them. Henson and Zeller missed a lot of chippies. Some of that may have just been bad luck, but a lot of it had to do with the physical way our guys were grinding it out in the paint. Against that sort of strong post defense, a team often begins to hurry their shots, and that's what happened. UNC's front court might well have ended up out scoring our guys -- especially starters vs. starters -- but our guys made them work awfully hard for it, and the percentages showed it.

I will, however, say this about UNC, I have to respect them compared to those (insert expletive) from VaTech. Once they got it going, they played hard and pretty clean. We knocked them hard on their inexperienced cans in the first ten-twelve minutes, but they came back to play it relatively even the rest of the game. If they don't lose anyone to the pros at the end of the year and can dig up a reasonable backup point guard this late in the recruiting game, they could be scary good next year.

But this is our year, ACC Champs. And some games to play.

3 straight double digit wins - (16, 14, 17). I live in Northern VA - there's no sweeter path for me than MD, VT, UNC. Getting giddy.

Good weekend--ate some turtle soup, some turkey, and now some sour, sour goat. Great team victory that will hopefully be the template for the NCAA (and holding out hope to have some KI sprinkled in there as well). Played so well today and fought through a LOT to still win in convincing fashion. Love it!!!! Go Devils!!!

I think I just saw the earth close back up with a burning hoof being visibly dragged down........

Loved Josh Hairston's reaction when Miles climbed the ladder and slammed through the follow-up late in the first half ... Josh seemed to be channeling Fred Sanford in a 'hold me back' mode ... very funny ...

Roy should have said...." We weren't playing Klimpson today "...

The City of Brotherly Love except when it's cold.

Calling Wheat

"I do agree that Duke will likely pack it in, so my hope is that guy is Lmac with a hot hand. If UNC shoots it, then the inside opens up and Duke is toast."

Perhaps he's gone fishing. Funny how he disappears at times. At least Kong shows up win or lose.

Quote Originally Posted by hudlow View Post
    GO DUKE!!!!

Why is it I can never reach my Carolina friends by phone at times like this?
    Maybe they can't hear the phone ringing over their weeping?