Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

MBB: Duke 75, UNC 58 - ACC Champs!

Acc champs!!!!!!!
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Congratulations guys.

Winning!

Peaking at the right time of the year--deja vu.

Fantastic!

Great team play today. Everything clicked at the perfect time. Note to NCAA committee: I think we will take that #1 seed now.

Proud to be a Duke fan. Forever Duke!

Oh yeah UNC...thanks for dancing before the game.
    Last edited by obsesseddukefan; 03-13-2011 at 03:09 PM. Reason: one more thing...

LET'S GO!!!!! I'll be pretty disappointed if they keep us off the top line now. I think we saw a big time correction in jump shooting percentages from the first two days.

Our house!!!!

yesterday on the pregame thread. someone said one of the keys was to shoot 50% from the field. I scoffed at that comment in my mind to be honest, because when really was the last time we shot as good or better than 50% from the field the entire season? Ironically, we shot EXACTLY 50.0% from the field today. I liked how we played inside out today. Getting open 3's off of kick outs from the post. It makes us that much harder to guard

So the best game of the year. Amazing!

Congrats guys! Payback is so sweet! 6 more games until I can get my Nolan Smith jersey!

On a side note...does anyone know where I can get one of those "ONE" t-shirts?

Probably not saying anything that hasn't been said or will be said... but simply a marvelous game to watch, and I loved the contributions from the entire team. Congrats on winning the ACCT 3 straight years, and 10 of 13, I believe?

The Granddaddy of em all!

Shot selection

Awesome to see the drives, the mid-range jumpers which then created space for threes vs. forcing them like we did last game with UNC. THe inside game was amazing, drives were powerful. That's how you beat the Big 10 or Big East monsters over the next few weeks. Great gameplan and execution

Again, I think the biggest move this year was putting Miles back in the starting line up. Kelly seems to be much more efficient off the bench and he doesn't clog up the perimeter to start the game. Also, Miles is pulling his best Z without the beard with the offensive boards.
    And Dre getting back into it is beautiful.

The center of the basketball universe (aka: North Carolina)

What A Feeling!!

What a great day it is to be a Blue Devil! An amazing game! Not only were we in control for the entire game, but the Heels can't even blame the refs or say that their players had bad games. Our defensive intensity ruled the court!! The Devil has fire in his eyes so watch out boys- it's March Madness!!

Two main keys to the game, in my opinion.

1) Experience. Nolan and Kyle especially just came out with senior-like intensity. UNC's players came out as if they thought this was just another game. While they were probably a statisical draw, Kyle kept Barnes from winning the game (though that three that would have cut it to seven scared the daylights out of me). The job Nolan did on Marshall was tremendous. Marshall finally settled down and adjusted, but by then he was playing from well behind.

2) Seth Greenburg. I think the physical, nasty play by VaTech yesterday put our bigs in the proper frame of mine. Yes, it cost us some fouls, but we had the depth to absorb them. Henson and Zeller missed a lot of chippies. Some of that may have just been bad luck, but a lot of it had to do with the physical way our guys were grinding it out in the paint. Against that sort of strong post defense, a team often begins to hurry their shots, and that's what happened. UNC's front court might well have ended up out scoring our guys -- especially starters vs. starters -- but our guys made them work awfully hard for it, and the percentages showed it.

I will, however, say this about UNC, I have to respect them compared to those (insert expletive) from VaTech. Once they got it going, they played hard and pretty clean. We knocked them hard on their inexperienced cans in the first ten-twelve minutes, but they came back to play it relatively even the rest of the game. If they don't lose anyone to the pros at the end of the year and can dig up a reasonable backup point guard this late in the recruiting game, they could be scary good next year.

But this is our year, ACC Champs. And some games to play.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeBlueHeart4 View Post
    What a great day it is to be a Blue Devil! An amazing game! Not only were we in control for the entire game, but the Heels can't even blame the refs or say that their players had bad games. Our defensive intensity ruled the court!! The Devil has fire in his eyes so watch out boys- it's March Madness!!
    You are wrong about the Heel fans! Several have already piped in saying that the refs let Nolan get away with hand-checks early, setting the tone to rob the Heels. Just Damn!

You are right about it being a great day to be a Blue Devil! (I also enjoy hearing the Heels whine.)

Oh...

... sure they can!

Kudos to everyone associated with the team--including the fans who were there. You did us proud.

Seth's 3 when our lead had gone down to 9 was HUGE; so was Ryan's three from the corner (see, he does make them). But it was Ryan and Kyle taking 2 point shots that was really beautiful.

And Nolan... he's the MAN! If he isn't NPOY, I can't imagine who will be. He is the only one of the front runners who brings the WHOLE THING to his play.

GTHC!
    DukeDevilDeb

What a great day it is to be a Blue Devil! An amazing game! Not only were we in control for the entire game, but the Heels can't even blame the refs or say that their players had bad games.
    You don't know their fans very well. If you did, you would know that the game was lost when Strickland was called for the charge in the opening minutes. It threw off their intensity. And then the touch fouls when they were down major double digits made their fans stop cheering. Seriously. I heard all this and more, including the usual reports that Karl Hess gives Duke all the calls.

I will give Roy some thanks for the obvious respect that he showed to Nolan and Kyle today.

Today was a triple crown-
    We demolish the Heels for a championship.
    Their fans again prove to be the biggest whiners in sports.
    Uncle Fester and his band of thuggees at VT get to stay home and skip classes anyway.

I could watch that game every day this week.

Quote Originally Posted by jdj4duke View Post
    You don't know their fans very well. If you did, you would know that the game was lost when Strickland was called for the charge in the opening minutes. It threw off their intensity. And then the touch fouls when they were down major double digits made their fans stop cheering. Seriously. I heard all this and more, including the usual reports that Karl Hess gives Duke all the calls.

I will give Roy some thanks for the obvious respect that he showed to Nolan and Kyle today.

Today was a triple crown-
    We demolish the Heels for a championship.
    Their fans again prove to be the biggest whiners in sports.
    Uncle Fester and his band of thuggees at VT get to stay home and skip classes anyway.

I could watch that game every day this week.
    At least a triple crown:
    #1 seed
    Kyrie indicates he may be back soon

Yeah, I saw Ole Roy's presser...well done, I thought; genuine respect and complimentary of the Duke team and program.

Had the pleasure of being in the crowd at the Greensboro Coliseum, and you're right, those Tarheel fans are a real treat.

Give them credit for one thing, though....they sure can exit a building in a hurry. The place was full and in just a few minutes, there were huge regions of empty seats. They must have disaster training or just get used to bustin' out of the Dean Dome a little early to beat the traffic.

So awesome!

I asked my Carolina buddy a few days ago jokingly "why unc always seems to get screwed by the refs" and his answer was serious (I think - it was over email so a little tough to tell) that they aren't used to seeing such amazing defense. hahaha yeah i bet.

Honestly, hearing them complain about the refs is music to my ears. No team is going to make it very far in bball if they can't win when a questionable call or two go the other way.

here's to them losing in the 2nd round.