Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Clemson vs UNC ACCT

Clemson is looking like a different team out there. They are outrunning UNC.

So did Miami for the first 30 minutes

I will believe UNC is in trouble only when the game ends and they still have less points

I refuse to get excited until there's two seconds left and a 5 point lead in Clemson's favor. UNC has been making a habit of coming back from way back and Clemson has a long and inglorious history against the Tarheels.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta Duke View Post
    So did Miami for the first 30 minutes

I will believe UNC is in trouble only when the game ends and they still have less points
    Yeah, I was unable to see that one (I was at work listening on "Tarheel Radio" as quietly as possible so I could limit the damage to my IQ). I heard the pain in the unprofessional broadcast team's voices, so I figured they did. I nearly threw up when I went out to eat last night and saw Zeller's shot. It had sounded so promising early.

I'm done getting burned watching unc hoping they'll lose. I've got on the exciting BU/Stony Brook game, to be followed by the MEAC championship.

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    I'm done getting burned watching unc hoping they'll lose. I've got on the exciting BU/Stony Brook game, to be followed by the MEAC championship.
    Even if they don't lose, they are turning the ball over at a rate that is almost assembly line efficient.

All right Tigers, close it out now!

I continue to be blown away by how often guards set up to allow Marshall to go left. Seth was guilty of it several times. And the closing play of the half the Clemson guard set up to let KM go left. No. Never, ever let KM go left by design. Always try to force him to the right. If we play UNC again, I really hope that all of our guards have that relentlessly beaten into their heads.
    Otherwise, Clemson is executing their game plan very well. This could be their chance to break the curse.

Clemson is decent. They played Duke coming off the VT loss on Senior night so this totally different. That said they don't have reliable scoring so this is nowhere near over.

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    All right Tigers, close it out now!
    Clemson got a tough break by getting called for a travel by slipping on some sweat, taking away their chance for a shot. Then, their guard failed to do what always must be done against Marshall, force him to the right, and by going left KM was able to get off a really nice pass for the assist to TZ for the score.

Again, Harrison Barnes playing well and unc losing. This is the trend I'd like to see continue as Harrison would go to the NBA and unc wouldn't make the final 4.

I noticed something about the way Henson guards the inbounds. He starts back where they tell him to, but he creeps up slowly to the line and when he jumps, he's coming down out of bounds. He's closing the gap btw him the inbounding player. But of course they say nothing. the Clemson player was complaining about it a few minutes ago but they do nothing.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Here's a shocker (well, it's a shocker if you've never watched a Clemson-UNC basketball game). Clemson playing well, Carolina down in the second half, and the game turns into a parade of Tarheels stepping up to the free throw line. 17 free throw attempts for Carolina to 8 for Clemson. Makes it 74 for Carolina to 35 for Clemson on the season series to date...

Quote Originally Posted by davekay1971 View Post
    Here's a shocker (well, it's a shocker if you've never watched a Clemson-UNC basketball game). Clemson playing well, Carolina down in the second half, and the game turns into a parade of Tarheels stepping up to the free throw line. 17 free throw attempts for Carolina to 8 for Clemson. Makes it 74 for Carolina to 35 for Clemson on the season series to date...
    In the bonus with 11:25 left in the second half.

Eh, Carolina will win. Hell, if you round off to the nearest second Miami led for 40 minutes against Carolina, and Carolina lead for 0 minutes and 0 seconds... and UNC won.

Clemson is fighting! Roy did not expect this.

will the refs let clemson win?

Unc leads the acc in ft differential year after year. Even last year at 5-11.
    Duke hasn't led once in the last decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke79UNLV77 View Post
    Unc leads the acc in ft differential year after year. Even last year at 5-11.
    Duke hasn't led once in the last decade.
    you don't get fouled when 37% your shots are 3's and a bit more are jump shots. that's simple math.

color me impressed with Clemson's resolve. They let their big lead slip all the way to UNC going up by 1 and they responded big-time, reclaimed the lead and have been attacking UNC relentlessly. They haven't come up with a way to stop UNC on O, but they haven't wilted and continue to play hard.

9 for 14 from three will keep a team that scores with 2's from coming back. This one isn't looking good, but I think they will still find a way.