Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Randolph View Post
    I'm an idiot
    Don't feel bad. I was worried the way Nolan started the game and I'm sure we had some company as well, they just won't fess up.

Quote Originally Posted by COYS View Post
    I strongly disagree here. Dre was so close and he had to throw the ball quickly (hence, with a lot of force) before he fell out of bounds that it would have been difficult to extend his arms and get the ball below Andre's waist at his feet (a more legitimate target). He had a split second to look and see where Dre was, but that was about it. In high school I turned around in a similar situation and fired a ball with all my might right into the opposing player's . . . um . . . well, you get where I am going. I had just enough time to gather myself to put some force behind the throw, which made it look like I was sizing up where to throw it. However, I had absolutely no intention of hitting the player there. It just happened. The refs agreed, especially since the opposing player and I had no previous history of hard fouls during the game, and just ran over to make sure the opposing team's bench didn't start something. I felt bad, but I had no intent to harm. It's just part of the game. 'Dre seemed to know that, too.
    He threw the ball off Andre's face and he never did fall out of bounds. So why did he need to throw it???

Quote Originally Posted by devilsadvocate85 View Post
    If you don't think so, you haven't seen Jeff Allen and his antics for his entire career. He looked right at him and hit him in the head with the ball. Andre was just standing there doing nothing.
    Did you also notice how Allen decked Kyle right after Nolan made his up and under move?

Quote Originally Posted by CBDUKE View Post
    He threw the ball off Andre's face and he never did fall out of bounds. So why did he need to throw it???
    He never was falling out of bounds. Kudos to our guys they have a lot more discipline than I would.

Quote Originally Posted by COYS View Post
    I strongly disagree here.
    I'm pretty sure we don't actually disagree. You don't think it was intentional or dirty; I wrote that I give the VT player the benefit of the doubt and assume it was inadvertent. We appear to be in vigorous agreement.

Just noticed that Nolan doesn't have the same shoes on today - but Kyle has the sparkly blue ones on...

Refs seem to have swallowed their whistles.

Good timeout by K. Someone please tell the bigs not to start the crap they did at VaTech. Tech is absolutely going to try and kidney punch us while crashing the boards. We have got to box out...

I love how frustrated Delaney looks with Nolan guarding him... And I love even more how Nolan doesn't care one bit.

Allen has been a dirt bag all game.

Foul on Singler? You're kidding me!

Wow, yeah, Duke definitely gets all the calls. Singler's face brutally impeded the progress on Allen's elbow right there. Should have been an intentional on Kyle.

Quote Originally Posted by ajgoodfella7 View Post
    I love how frustrated Delaney looks with Nolan guarding him... And I love even more how Nolan doesn't care one bit.
    Tell me they are looking at the tape of Singler being elbowed.

Quote Originally Posted by SMO View Post
    Tell me they are looking at the tape of Singler being elbowed.
    And Goonberg is complaining!!!

Every time we look like we're about to take control, we make some DUMB turnover. That was not a good decision by Kelly. Gotta know time and score dude!

Our bigs are keeping VT in this.

Nolan!

Nolan is playing incredibly good defense on Delaney while remaining in complete control of his emotions. He is having a great game, bad toe and all.

Way to go Miles!!! Where has he been for the last month or so? Glad to see him coming on lately though.

Quote of the day! I may steal this for my Facebook status!

Not wild about the way we've been feeding the post in the 2nd half, which is 1) rarely and 2) with risky passes into triple-teams and poorly-thrown lobs.

But mostly, this is the kind of game that can't end soon enough.