Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

MBB: (ACCT Quarters) Duke 87, Maryland 71 Post-Game Thread

Survive and advance

... and let Nolan be okay, please.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Five players in double-figures, one more (Dawkins) with 9...

and none of them are named Nolan Smith.

Great balanced performance. So THAT'S where you've been hiding, Singler's shot - welcome back. Get well soon Nolan.

Big win tonight. The supporting cast was huge along with Kyle Singler. It was actually comical watching the team leave the court and Kyrie was trying to leave the court but was being slowed down by Nolan and his jammed toe. Ironic huh?
    The Terrapin Assassin

Awesome to see virtually everyone on the team step up in the face of Nolan's tough game. Kyle, Andre, Miles, Seth, Ryan, Mason: Great job!

If we can keep playing as a team like we did tonight, the sky is the limit.

I just stubbed my middle toe walking to get my computer... The curse has hit me now!!!!!

Great game by the "other" guys tonight. And Singler was dyn-o-mite!

Man, it was good to see Kyle working the midrange/paint. Hope he keeps it up even once his 3 is back.

Score 87 points and Nolan has his worst game of the year. Loved seeing the confidence in Dre not only on offense but he was bringing it on the defensive end as well.

Get well soon Nolan and hopefully Duke can beat Va. Tech or FSU to avenge the regular season losses.

Nice minutes from Kelly in 1st half and that is what we need from the Plumlees each night. Kyle is a baller. Get well NOLAN!! Seth and Dre are legit. It's great to be a Devil.

On a side note, I really enjoyed Cory Alexander tonight - need more of his commentary.

Nice game. Glad to see more guys involved in the scoring. 5 players in double figures - Kyle with 29 - and Dawkins was close, with 9 pts. Nolan was having somewhat of an off night before going down with the injury and only had 7.

Want to be really excited about tomorrow and an opportunity to pay back one of our losses, but it's hard without knowing the extent of Nolan's injury.

One of the better efforts by Duke this year- lots of passing- a diverse offense- the bigs all played really well- Andre was aggressive, Kyle was the man- the only bummer was Nolan's play and the now the injury. But the guys all stepped up. Maryland played well for a good portion of the game and then ran out of steam. We will see what happens tomorrow if Nolan is not back in the lineup.

You saw that to

Quote Originally Posted by g-money View Post
    Awesome to see virtually everyone on the team step up in the face of Nolan's tough game. Kyle, Andre, Miles, Seth, Ryan, Mason: Great job!

If we can keep playing as a team like we did tonight, the sky is the limit.
    I agree we did look better offensively. Good inside out game, Seth with some great dishes, Mason the same, Ryan played a great first half and Andre looked very comfortable on offense and defense. Oh and Kyle Singler played like Kyle Singler. Well that's unfair. All that's been missing with Kyle is his shot. Go Duke!

Loved the balanced scoring and Andre looking confident again. Mason and Miles were outstanding too.

Anyone else really like Cory Alexander on Raycom/ACC Network?

Singler

Kyle was the man tonight. Lots of help from almost everyone too. Seth looked comfy running the point to close it out. Dawkins and Ryan got their shot going and both Miles and Mason played BIG and with and little bit of a chip on their shoulders. Tough night for Smitty hope he's OK. Otherwise no worries tonight.

Nice game, VERY nice.. Kyle was the man, Seth was the man, Mason was the man, Miles was the man, Ryan was the man... Andre, gets a shout out too!! Tyler did well in his limited role!! Refs sucked! But it was a great game.

I though Nolan had probably the worst game of the year for him, but hey he is allowed that after what he has done for us. It is super sad if he is hurt badly, but how cool was it that we went on an 11-0 run without him!!

Dread tomorrow's game no matter who we play... both are VERY physical, I just hope we escape uninjured!!

For those looking for a couple of toe updates, News14 Carolina has the post game press confrence live. Should start in a few mins. MD at the podium now.

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2434 View Post
    Loved the balanced scoring and Andre looking confident again. Mason and Miles were outstanding too.

The Plumlees were both outstanding tonight. Best game by Miles in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2434 View Post

Yep first time I've heard him and I thought he was solid.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    The Plumlees were both outstanding tonight. Best game by Miles in a long time.
    Agreed. If we can get production like this from here on out, we will be in good shape.

That may have been the best team offensive performance of the year, considering we didn't get much of anything from Nolan. The Plumlee's crashed the offensive boards, Curry was able to get to the bucket. Dawkins had a few nice plays. Ryan took smart shots. Kyle took over.

Probably the most impressive thing to me was Ryan because he did the smart thing in the first half. His shots against Carolina weren't "bad shots" in a vacuum, but he passed up easier shots to take three's. Today he set himself up inside the arc to get a rhythm, and drove when the lane was wide open. Only then did he step out and take the three. I really want to give the whole team MOTM because that was great execution.

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    I agree we did look better offensively. Good inside out game, Seth with some great dishes, Mason the same, Ryan played a great first half and Andre looked very comfortable on offense and defense. Oh and Kyle Singler played like Kyle Singler. Well that's unfair. All that's been missing with Kyle is his shot. Go Duke!
    2 things stood out for me:

1. More movement on offense, including what I thought was added freedom for Mason (handling the ball farther from the basket, taking people off the dribble)
    2. Better team play at both ends. You could actually hear a lot of the talk on defense which I'm sure was due in part to the relatively quiet arena, but at least we know it was happening.