Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    to me, this is almost as bad as the Japanese earthquake.

see, making fun of Roy now.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    If we are without both Irving and Smith, I think it would take a miracle for us to win the NCAA championship. I'm not saying there'd be a zero percent chance, but it'd be getting to that neighborhood.

Let's just say I'm really hoping the injury to Smith isn't so serious that he misses significant time.
    The crazy thing is, if I had to bet my life on it, I would say it's more likely that we have both back by the sweet 16 than neither. So it's conceivable that, despite all the craziness from this year, we could have the dream team reassembled at full strength and coming out of nowhere in the second week of the tournament.

It's good that it's Nolan's second toe, not big toe. Let's just hope it wasn't anything freaky like Kyrie's, and just a "stubbing".

Quote Originally Posted by kong123 View Post

Please try a little harder to contain your glee.

Too soon, man. I appreciate what you're getting at, but too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDevilDeb View Post
    Several of the student athletes have suggested to me that the shoes that our athletic teams wear do not offer tremendous support. Obviously, that is a very touchy subject. Any thoughts?
    I wonder, too, since most pros wear Nike but must have custom shoes made exactly for their feet. Does Duke not have that? The bespoke basketball shoe?

Duke players move so much on defense, too, a lot of cutting and stopping. Maybe they wear down the support.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    Please try a little harder to contain your glee.
    i was poking fun at these fansites and our obsession with our favorite teams. i am not happy that the young man hurt himself. Nolan is a great player and he represents the ACC very well. I am sure he will be back for tomorrows game.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Duke players move so much on defense, too, a lot of cutting and stopping. Maybe they wear down the support.
    so... if you stop playing defense, your foot problems will cease to be an issue?

From the Sporting News - Coach K Quote:

"
    Krzyzewski said it was the second toe on his left foot, though, he admitted he didn’t know whether that meant the one next to the big toe or the one next to the pinkie toe—“Look, I’m Polish,” he said in an attempt to lighten the mood,” “I’m just glad I’ve got five toes.”

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-bas...#ixzz1GLwoBSZh

good night guys, sorry if I offended anyone

Quote Originally Posted by WVDUKEFAN View Post
    From the Sporting News - Coach K Quote:

"
    Krzyzewski said it was the second toe on his left foot, though, he admitted he didn’t know whether that meant the one next to the big toe or the one next to the pinkie toe—“Look, I’m Polish,” he said in an attempt to lighten the mood,” “I’m just glad I’ve got five toes.”

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-bas...#ixzz1GLwoBSZh
    Or watch the whole pc (not too long): http://www.theacc.com/allaccess/?media=236329

It's toe-ver. Again.

I just want to know...

When are we planning to have the candlelight vigil for Nolan and Kyrie's toes?

so... if you stop playing defense, your foot problems will cease to be an issue?
    On the Duke team? Sure, because you will be off the team (or keeping stats) before you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    The original post stands. It says a lot when a unc fans chooses to spend ACC Tournament Friday on our board. I'm laughing because you can't make this stuff up.

If you want to discuss the toe or spread toe rumors, go ahead. Maybe Erin Andrews will have more toe information when she does the game tomorrow.
    I admit it. I was sucking EA's toe.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDevilDeb View Post
    I have asked myself that question 1000 times. Not only toes, but feet in general... we go back to Grant, Bobby, Elton, Carlos, Zoubs, and many other Duke players who have had serious foot/toe injuries. And these are just basketball players. If we go over to the football side, there have been many more.

[I'm working on how to put this tactfully...]

Several of the student athletes have suggested to me that the shoes that our athletic teams wear do not offer tremendous support. Obviously, that is a very touchy subject. Any thoughts?
    Dump the Nike's and go back to the Adidas they used to wear in the early 90's and before. Don't remember any foot probs back then.

ARo24

Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    Really though, humor aside, it may not be such a bad question. Nolan was obviously walking, but limping, off the court at the end of the game tonight. There may be some tough questions to answer about whether he should play now (assuming he can) or rest up for later.
    I didn't see the game yet... plan to watch replay later. But, Kyrie actually went back into the game after his injury. So, to me, the fact that Nolan walked off the court may not mean much at this point. I am HOPING FOR THE BEST.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 24 90 View Post
    Is there something wrong with the shoes our guys wear?
    I remember when Zoubs was hurt... then the discussion went back to Carlos and Elton... about maybe shoes, Cameron floor, etc... Of course, the floor is not the issue here, but shoes?

good night guys, sorry if I offended anyone
    No one should be offended. I didn't detect any glee and Kong and Wheat are terrific and welcome posters.

Talking Shoes

Quote Originally Posted by aro24 View Post
    Dump the Nike's and go back to the Adidas they used to wear in the early 90's and before. Don't remember any foot probs back then.

ARo24
    I think these shoes are or can be all custom-made for any foot or purpose. Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't Nikes worn by major programs similar to store shoes in the same way that NASCAR "stock cars" are to street cars?

In golf, players are able to change club sponsors because all the clubs are custom-made and then stamped with a logo.

sagegrouse

when do you guys think he will be back?
    I, for one, do see some humor in the question given the Kyrie discussion. That said, you could argue it is a legitimate question, when DO we think he'll be back. I see no disrespect in Kong's post.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    I think these shoes are or can be all custom-made for any foot or purpose. Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't Nikes worn by major programs similar to store shoes in the same way that NASCAR "stock cars" are to street cars?

In golf, players are able to change club sponsors because all the clubs are custom-made and then stamped with a logo.

sagegrouse
    I think a lot of the shoes worn are actually store bought shoes. I know Mason seems to have an endless supply, and even wore Air Jordan's a few times this year which wouldn't be provided by Duke. I know even a lot of NBA players wear shoes from their personal collection. I think as long as they are Nike branded products of like colors, they will be allowed.
    Last edited by ajgoodfella7; 03-11-2011 at 11:26 PM.