Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    Really though, humor aside, it may not be such a bad question. Nolan was obviously walking, but limping, off the court at the end of the game tonight. There may be some tough questions to answer about whether he should play now (assuming he can) or rest up for later.
    and so it begins....

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    You know what, I'm a guy that has a great sense of humor. I really do. But somehow I just don't see the humor in this one, folks. I hope Nolan is fine, but until I find out for sure that he is I can't laugh about this. Wonder if kong would be as willing to crack jokes if a couple of Tarheel starters, let's say Kendall and Harrison, both went down with similar injuries. Somehow I think not.
    The humor is not directed at the Duke players. That should be pretty obvious. I get the feeling that if UNC was suffering similar circumstances, Kong would be willing to joke with it too, based on the fact that he's been willing to dive into this forum through both good and bad times for UNC.
    "Just be you. You is Enough."

Is there something wrong with the shoes our guys wear?

Quote Originally Posted by AtlBluRew View Post
    Funny stuff, kong!

Anyone who is offended isn't seeing that you're making fun of the incredibly long thread, NOT the injuries.
    Oh I'm seeing what the intended humor was. It's just not appropriate coming from an opposing team's fan. It's sort of like making a joke about someone else's overweight relative while being a guest in their house.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 24 90 View Post
    I thought he was wearing the new Kobe's or whatever they are called...

I vote we switch to stride rites next season.
    "Just be you. You is Enough."

So, no kidding, I just rewound my DVR and looked at Nolan's toe in freeze frame on my new HD TV.
    It ain't TOE, it's TOES!!
    He has 3 toes that are ugly, black and blue and swollen!!
    No kidding, check it out, his toes are UGLY.
    Did he have a previous injury or did all this happen tonight??
    I hope he is OK!!

ETA: Why didn't they have ice on it??

I know we are all enjoying this but really... we need to focus here. I truly hope we get some info soon.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Duke View Post
    So, no kidding, I just rewound my DVR and looked at Nolan's toe in freeze frame on my new HD TV.
    It ain't TOE, it's TOES!!
    He has 3 toes that are ugly, black and blue and swollen!!
    No kidding, check it out, his toes are UGLY.
    Did he have a previous injury or did all this happen tonight??
    I hope he is OK!!

ETA: Why didn't they have ice on it??
    There have been jokes about Nolan's toes for awhile now, so I'm sure their ugliness is nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    You know what, I'm a guy that has a great sense of humor. I really do. But somehow I just don't see the humor in this one, folks. I hope Nolan is fine, but until I find out for sure that he is I can't laugh about this. Wonder if kong would be as willing to crack jokes if a couple of Tarheel starters, let's say Kendall and Harrison, both went down with similar injuries. Somehow I think not.
    I seem to remember some pretty harsh and crude comments I read here directed at Tyler Hansborough when Henderson decked him.
    An injured player is an injured player no matter WHO it is AND, Nolan was not injured by a foul.

I think that if we knew that Nolan's injury was not at all serious and he'd be 100% tomorrow the joke would have been OK. But the fact is Nolan did not, probably could not, return to the game. That makes this a joke in poor taste, IMHO.

Duke medical staff needs to create a steel-toe shoe. This toe stuff has to stop.
    The Terrapin Assassin

During the game ESPN (Jenanine Edwards?) said it was his second toe. Then Mike Patrick proceeded to play doctor and speculate this wasn't as bad as a big toe injury.

But seriously

Why isn't that pesky toe elevated and iced? Wouldn't that reduce inflammation and pain? I don't understand our medical staff.
    "Goddess of wisdom"

Just reported on ESPN that Nolan couldn't walk up the stairs on his own to the locker room. NOT GOOD!

Tonight it will get swollen and plenty sore. Doubtful for tomorrow IMO, hope I'm wrong!

Edwards just updated in the FSU game: Nolan had to be helped up stairs to the locker room and is being evaluated. They'll know more tomorrow. It's the second toe. Let's hope it's nothing major...

Folks, please keep discussion to the toe. No more comments on the OP's motivation. Several posts have been deleted; don't repost if it's not related to the injury.

Other than their looks? I swear, it looked like they were taking a blue sequin sneaker off of Nolan's foot to look at it!

Snake bit

Quote Originally Posted by Devil07 View Post
    Edwards just updated in the FSU game: Nolan had to be helped up stairs to the locker room and is being evaluated. They'll know more tomorrow. It's the second toe. Let's hope it's nothing major...
    This year we've had our share of misfortune. Let's hope Nolan is a quick healer and ready to go soon. This week is important, but next week is more important. Go Duke!

2nd Toe

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    During the game ESPN (Jenanine Edwards?) said it was his second toe. Then Mike Patrick proceeded to play doctor and speculate this wasn't as bad as a big toe injury.
    Coach K just said the same thing in the press conference. He said he was certain that it was the second toe.