Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_Newton View Post
    7'2".

IMO, Singler is a terrible comparison. Daniels is long with good athleticism and a pretty tight handle, but is very skinny and is mostly a finesse player. Singler was a skilled big wing with a limited handle and a power-based game in HS, kind of like Larry Bird.
    I've never actually seen him play, those were the sentiments of Jerry Meyer, who is Rivals.com national recruiting analyst. Here is his direct quote:

At 6 feet 8 Daniels has a well-rounded skill set and is a terrific outside shooter. His versatility at his length makes him good. His ability to spot up and stretch the defense with his outside shooting makes him great. Daniels is a smart player who typically makes good decisions on the dribble, but as he moves up to higher levels of play, it will be his ability to make shots that will separate him from his fellow combo forwards.

As far as weaknesses are concerned, Daniels needs to improve his physical strength. Also, he is a good athlete, but he is not a great athlete.

As for his position, Daniels is a true combo forward in my estimation. His primary position in college will likely be as a face-up four man, but he is fully capable of playing the three as well.

I don't see him as a one-and-done player, but I do see him as a player who will have the opportunity to leave prior to his senior year.

Unrelated to the fact that Duke has begun to show recruiting interest in Daniels, he reminds me of Kyle Singler as a player.
    http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.c...sp?CID=1199203

Quote Originally Posted by verga View Post
    according to Andy Borman at IMG Daniels has not received an offer.
    Hmmm, where'd you read that? Maybe the TDD Premium board?

Quote Originally Posted by ajgoodfella7 View Post
    I've never actually seen him play, those were the sentiments of Jerry Meyer, who is Rivals.com national recruiting analyst. Here is his direct quote:

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.c...sp?CID=1199203
    Oh I know, that wasn't meant as an attack on you. I just happen to think Meyer is way off with his comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by verga View Post
    according to Andy Borman at IMG Daniels has not received an offer.
    http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...eandre-daniels

Check the last piece of info. In the notes section...

Not that espn knows all, but aren't they usually LATE on getting the word out on these kids?

Quote Originally Posted by CPDUKEGUY24 View Post
    http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...eandre-daniels

Check the last piece of info. In the notes section...

Not that espn knows all, but aren't they usually LATE on getting the word out on these kids?
    Rivals has him with an offer as well.

Dave Telep seems to think that Duke is very much in the mix for Daniels. He even thinks the Andy Borman / Greg Spatola connections with IMG may give Duke an advantage. You need Insider to view:

http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-coll...ave&id=6221185

Quote Originally Posted by ajgoodfella7 View Post
    Dave Telep seems to think that Duke is very much in the mix for Daniels. He even thinks the Andy Borman / Greg Spatola connections with IMG may give Duke an advantage. You need Insider to view:

http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-coll...ave&id=6221185
    Mentions that we're giving him a visit this week before the Tourney starts. Did he officially reclassify to the class of 2011?

Quote Originally Posted by rotogod00 View Post
    Mentions that we're giving him a visit this week before the Tourney starts. Did he officially reclassify to the class of 2011?
    I believe so, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by rotogod00 View Post
    I saw something from apx. two months ago where he said clearly that he was going to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    Hmmm, where'd you read that? Maybe the TDD Premium board?
    I do not sunbscribe ot any premium and I have seen this info that has been on the free boards for a few days.

Here is one I just saw on Zaglsblog

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/03/15/l...ls/#more-48778

It sounds like duke is closing in on Daniels. It would be a great class if they did

In a free article from rivals.com it says that we are neck and neck with KU for Daniels. any of the recruiting experts have an analysis on his game or recruitment? he seems like more of a luxury recruit

Quote Originally Posted by trey_dre20 View Post
    In a free article from rivals.com it says that we are neck and neck with KU for Daniels. any of the recruiting experts have an analysis on his game or recruitment? he seems like more of a luxury recruit
    If the staff is recruiting him, they obviously don't feel this way. Daniels sounds like a guy who can make an impact his freshman, but would not necessarily be a one and done guy, either. That means he can come off the bench if necessary his freshman year before getting a more prominent roll his sophomore year. I'm sure the staff is not recruiting someone just to let them sit in the trophy case as an extra recruiting prize.

Quote Originally Posted by COYS View Post
    If the staff is recruiting him, they obviously don't feel this way. Daniels sounds like a guy who can make an impact his freshman, but would not necessarily be a one and done guy, either. That means he can come off the bench if necessary his freshman year before getting a more prominent roll his sophomore year. I'm sure the staff is not recruiting someone just to let them sit in the trophy case as an extra recruiting prize.
    I think coach Cal already has his third straight recruiting trophy set to go in the UK trophy case. A threepeat would be the greatest accomplishment in UK's history.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla View Post
    It sounds like duke is closing in on Daniels. It would be a great class if they did
    Does this mean the coaching staff does not feel like Alex Murphy will reclassify? I understand Murphy is a small forward and Daniels is a power forward but it looks to me that Murphy would have to play the four to get on the court next year.
    The Terrapin Assassin

Yeah i imagine that Alex Murphy wont be coming in 2011.
    However, I believe I read somewhere on here, you cannot have enough 6'6-6'8 athletic sf/pf's.

Quote Originally Posted by Krzyzewskiville View Post
    Yeah i imagine that Alex Murphy wont be coming in 2011.
    However, I believe I read somewhere on here, you cannot have enough 6'6-6'8 athletic sf/pf's.
    St. John's has like 8 coming in next season. DeAndre definitely seems like an interesting prospect. If the Duke staff wants him, so do I!

Quote Originally Posted by NSDukeFan View Post
    I think coach Cal already has his third straight recruiting trophy set to go in the UK trophy case. A threepeat would be the greatest accomplishment in UK's history.
    UK's greatest achievement was having 5 first round draft picks last year. Doesn't get any better than that for Coach Cal!

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Not that it means much, but Rivals shows him as having an offer from Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by enick66 View Post
    UK's greatest achievement was having 5 first round draft picks last year. Doesn't get any better than that for Coach Cal!
    UK's greatest achievement was convincing the world that graduation does not exist.