Fan's Guide All-Defensive Team--Am I Missing Something?

Today's article on the Fan's Guide Coaches' All-Defensive Team says that Duke has a longer ongoing streak of players selected to the team than Clemson, which has a player for the 6th straight year this year.

But in the lists of selections, I see no Duke player in 2008. So that would mean Duke's current streak is only three years. I am just starting my first cup of coffee, so maybe I'm misreading--can anyone enlighten me?

Look at the absolute bottom of the page. It lists players by school and year. That chart shows seven players in 2008. Only six are listed by name. My guess is that a format problem omitted DeMarcus Nelson.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Look at the absolute bottom of the page. It lists players by school and year. That chart shows seven players in 2008. Only six are listed by name. My guess is that a format problem omitted DeMarcus Nelson.
    Thanks! I wondered about DeMarcus in 2008.

Kyle

I am very surprised Kyle did not get more love for All-Defense. He plays great on-ball defense, regularly guards opponents' 1-5 and is a huge key to our ability to switch on screens the way LT was last year. I would have voted for him over Nolan based on that versatility. Once you throw in his gaudy rebounding numbers from the 3, and you have the 3rd best defender in the conference behind Singleton and Henson in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    I am very surprised Kyle did not get more love for All-Defense. He plays great on-ball defense, regularly guards opponents' 1-5 and is a huge key to our ability to switch on screens the way LT was last year. I would have voted for him over Nolan based on that versatility. Once you throw in his gaudy rebounding numbers from the 3, and you have the 3rd best defender in the conference behind Singleton and Henson in my opinion.
    yep- and too bad the guy is not a player as some on the board have suggested based on recent shooting woes. The guy is one of the most complete players Duke has ever had.