Scheyer and Thomas doing extremely well in the d league

http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfil...mas/index.html

http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfil...yer/index.html

I am very happy to see this. Thomas' numbers were surprising to me at first, but then I remember he always did exactly what we needed him to do.

Quote Originally Posted by gcashwell View Post
    http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfil...mas/index.html

http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfil...yer/index.html

I am very happy to see this. Thomas' numbers were surprising to me at first, but then I remember he always did exactly what we needed him to do.
    Jon seems to be struggling with his shot
    fg% 3p% ft%
    0.339 0.233 0.538
    I thought he was going to wear goggles, but his picture shows none. Anyone know the status on his eye?
    The Gordog

It's interesting to me that Lance is attempting threes, I don't remember him EVER taking one at Duke.

Well it appears Lance only started to take multiple 3's so it might just be him trying to develop his game. These games have the feel of a summer league game so you'll often see some bad shots and players force some things b/c you ultimately are out there for yourself.
    And Jon's numbers might be a bit deceiving b/c he had a 2 game stretch where he went 0-11 from 3. And yes he does wear glasses during the game so I'd give him some time to let his 3P% go up. But his last game stat was the impressive one with 17 points on 5-13 shooting, 4 boards, 7 assists, and 3 steals. You can watch a bit of him in the last game highlights as he helped RGV clinch a playoff spot.

It's a nice start anyways...

Thanks for bringing this up.

It's great to see Lance showing this kind of productivity, including a few games in which his team won and he was their leading scorer. I've scoured the NBDL stats quite a bit these past few years (as a Golden State Warriors fan). As solid as a PER of 13.49 is, the guys who are considered for call up tend to either dominate in a few areas with per 40 min./PERs above 25, or demonstrate an overwhelming talent in some area such as rebounding or defense while still being decently well rounded players. Although his block and steal numbers don't stand out, I'd love to know how he's doing as a match-up defender. If he is demonstrating the defensive versatility he showed at Duke, that's not a bad combo along with these offensive numbers. But those numbers alone aren't likely to do it. Although the level of play seems decent in the NBDL, when even a decent NBA player gets sent there briefly they often immediately average north of 20 ppg...etc. As an example, rookie Jeremy Lin from Harvard (whom I actually think may end up being a decent NBA guard) was sent down for a few games and immediately averaged 17.9 pts., 5.6 rebounds, 4.7 assists and 2.2 steals in only 32 minutes/game.
    Just saying that I would look for Jon or Lance to put up these kind of efficient numbers before really drawing interest from the league.

Nevertheless, it's great to see Lance getting a lot of minutes and taking advantage! In Jon's case, I was watching summer league when his injury happened (against the Warriors) and I'm really just thrilled to see him playing serious hoops at all at this point. He's gonna need to find his shot and he clearly remains below his baseline with him going 0-4 at the free throw line in a game! Actually, (without having put more than cursory thought into saying this) Jeremy Lin may not be a bad point of comparison for him. I believe they have similar size (when arm length is included in measurements) and all-around skills, though Lin has better first-step quickness and hops while Jon was a better shooter (albeit streaky) and has displayed more ability to lead a team from the point.

Now I'll try to catch a Rio Grande or Austin game on TV and see them in person. That'll be fun!

go Lance!!!!!!!!!!! go Jon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Duke!!!!!!!!!!!!! GTHCGTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by ikiru36; 03-07-2011 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sporthenry View Post
    And Jon's numbers might be a bit deceiving b/c he had a 2 game stretch where he went 0-11 from 3. And yes he does wear glasses during the game so I'd give him some time to let his 3P% go up. But his last game stat was the impressive one with 17 points on 5-13 shooting, 4 boards, 7 assists, and 3 steals. You can watch a bit of him in the last game highlights as he helped RGV clinch a playoff spot.
    You mean no one benched him or demanded he stop shooting 3's? Guess they call is the D League for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gordog View Post
    Jon seems to be struggling with his shot
    fg% 3p% ft%
    0.339 0.233 0.538
    I thought he was going to wear goggles, but his picture shows none. Anyone know the status on his eye?
    i watched a game online earlier this year and he was wearing the amar'e style glasses. not true horace grant style goggles, but still goofy.

Couple Jon highlights in this recap

Worth watching mainly for the Boom-goes-the-dynamite voiceover guy: http://www.nba.com/dleague/games/201...#nbaGIboxscore

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_Newton View Post
    Worth watching mainly for the Boom-goes-the-dynamite voiceover guy: http://www.nba.com/dleague/games/201...#nbaGIboxscore
    holy crap, that was excellent. my video didnt even load properly but i just sat there enthralled by his vocal stylings.

Quote Originally Posted by NovaScotian View Post
    holy crap, that was excellent. my video didnt even load properly but i just sat there enthralled by his vocal stylings.
    "The left handed dribble, finshes with the hang 'n bang"...

lol

Please define "extremely" well?

Jon is averaging 9 ppg, 3 a to 2 to pg. Take the 9 ppg into consideration he had 17 points in one game and he has played in 6.

Thomas is averaging 13 ppg with 5.5 rpg. Nice stats, He has had 3 games were he scored 20+ ppg but he has had some nights of 4 and 6 ppg.

Overall, the words "extremely well" are over played here. These numbers won't come close to getting them call-ups.

If you think these are good numbers then Danny Green (UNC) should be getting calls everyday. He is at 19 ppg with 7 rpg 2 apg and 2 to pg. He has played in 15 games, 8 of them scoring over 20+ ppg and one game with 4 points.

Literally, there is one born every minute.

Considering he was almost blind in one eye, I think Jon even PLAYING basketball is "extremely well."

As for Lance, compared to what he has done in the past, that ain't half bad.