Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Not including today's game (RPI was updated this morning) we're #4 in the RPI. Including today, we're not getting any worse.

We're #2 in KenPom not including today.

WE just dusted one of the hottest teams in the country. Convincingly. And played the best ball we've played all year on three consecutive days.

Should be a #1, but would not be surprised if all of the "Duke gets the easy bracket" @#$#@ bites us this year.

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Gottlieb is fast moving up on Len Elmore in my dislike for talking heads. I agree Pitt will probably get one of the #1 seeds. Mainly because of the Big East's reputation. Not saying that league doesn't deserve it, but really there are no sure bets in who will win the NCAAT. Go Duke!
    I wonder if gottlieb has ever seen this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iVKPUNoeI4

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    WE just dusted one of the hottest teams in the country. Convincingly. And played the best ball we've played all year on three consecutive days.

Should be a #1, but would not be surprised if all of the "Duke gets the easy bracket" @#$#@ bites us this year.
    Couldn't agree more. NCAA Selection committee might feel presure to not give Duke a No. 1 seed giving how "easy" Duke's bracket was last year.

Duke is going to be punished because the Big East is deemed so good by everyone. No value seems to be put on winning the conference tournament for the big conferences. Notre Dame and Pitt get knocked out early and they are still No. 1s. Duke beats Top 10 team in the finals and the get No. 2? Makes no sense but it is what it is.

If we get a 2 seed the 1 seed in our bracket will be very unhappy.

I think our ACC tourney performance locked up a 1 seed for us, but we'll know shortly.

Just Filler

All this talk on espn right now is just filler, what really matters at the end of the day is what the selection committee says!

Thinking about a 2nd round opponent, the team I want no part of is Tennessee. They are one of those underachieving power conference teams that can play really well.

Mark Fox from Georgia just said that they have more Top 50 wins than Carolina so they should be in. Go Coach Fox!

Talking heads aren't even mentioning the possible tiebreakers here.

Dollars and resume.

Duke is a huge draw of hardcore fans and hardcore haters. Duke get butts into seats and in the early rounds too. I think they'll want the marquee program heading up the last game of the night to keep viewership up. If some people find Duke as a #1 as controversial. So? That's good for the hype and the committee won't shy away from it.

Secondly, no one has hardly mentioned the fact Duke is returning National Champions with two key returning starters and a have a NPOY contender. Throw in Kyrie's possible return...

Typically, the teams that win big on actual Selection Sunday, carry that momentum into the selection process. They get an edge. Especially after the drubbing Duke put on Carolina.

However, if you look at Blue Devils getting a 2 seed, Duke would be in Charlotte and there is careful consideration to staying in a close region.

I still think Duke gets the 1 completely on merit, but then again, I haven't really watched Notre Dame and I'm biased.

Quote Originally Posted by AZLA View Post
    Duke is a huge draw of hardcore fans and hardcore haters. Duke get butts into seats and in the early rounds too. I think they'll want the marquee program heading up the last game of the night to keep viewership up.
    Usually we're the FIRST primetime game because the audience then is larger.

Hope Andy Glockner is right. He's got us number 1 seed in the West with San Diego St. as our 2 seed. He's got Kerlina as a 3 seed with Georgetown as their 6 seed.

Hmmmmmmmm...

FWIW, on the Bracket Matrix, 27 of the 34 "final" brackets posted have Duke as a 1

Would loooove Notre Dame or Pitt as our #2, or as our #1. San Diego State would be ok with me, too.

Whooooooooo!