Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

I want to play UNC on Sunday... anyone else?

I hope like hell we get a chance to play them again on Sunday. Saturday night won't happen again... Greensboro is not the Smith Center and I don't see them hanging 51 in the first half on us again.

Mark it down - Kyle gets his shot back and the rest is history. The kid is way to competitive and to much of a true warrior to end his senior season with the way he has been playing. I work with mostly UNC fans and they are all way to cocky right now. You would think they won the National Championship after Saturday.

I hope to see you all in Cameron to welcome home the National Champs again this year.

GO DUKE!!!!!!

I definitely want to play the Heels again for a few reasons:

-It will mean we made the ACC Tourny title game
    -It will be a chance for some payback
    -If we can win the ACC Tourny, we'll likely get a 1 seed in the NCAAT. If we win without going through UNC, the world will say we got a pass from the committee which will mean I will wind up mad at the world and fighting with the world. There's too much fighting in the world as it is.

Count me in as well. I want to get this nasty taste out of my mouth by beating Carolina for the ACCT title and be recognized as the official champion of the ACC heading into the NCAA tournament.

Put me on the list of Duke fans that want to play UNC@CH again.

Absofrigginlutely! Bring 'em on!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Bring it on!!!!!!!!

I believe Carolina is a better team than us right now. I don't want to play any teams that are better than us in the ACCT as I hope to win out and get the last #1 seed.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueintheFace View Post
    I believe Carolina is a better team than us right now. I don't want to play any teams that are better than us in the ACCT as I hope to win out and get the last #1 seed.
    IMO, the best way to "win" the NC is to play the best competition possible in preparation for the NCAA tournament as opposed to shying away from it. I'm more focused on the team playing well heading into the NCAAT than seeding. We should get a pretty high seed regardless. To be honest I don't care about a No. 1 seed right now; I just want a rematch with UNC and beat them for the ACCT. Think about the confidence booster and momentum that would do for the team heading into the tournament.

I agree partly...I don't think UNC is a better team then us at all but they're style is just a total mismatch for us. Some teams just have ur number and u don't match up well with them, that's what I see w/ UNC...I'd still like to get them on a neutral court and see how things go down, get some possible revenge...But if we didn't have to play them I wouldn't be disappointed

Lunardi's new bracket still has us a #1 seed and UNC a #2. More realistically, we're probably both a #2 right now and if either one wins the ACCT they have a good shot at a #1.

Yeah, why not? We have to settle this on a neutral court after each winning a game at home. Plus, we always seem to do so well in the ACC Tourney. We've won 9 of them in the last 12 years.

GO DUKE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dcar1985 View Post
    I agree partly...I don't think UNC is a better team then us at all but they're style is just a total mismatch for us. Some teams just have ur number and u don't match up well with them, that's what I see w/ UNC...I'd still like to get them on a neutral court and see how things go down, get some possible revenge...But if we didn't have to play them I wouldn't be disappointed
    The only reason why their style "might" be a mismatch for us is because of our loss of KI. I want beat a dead horse; but if we had KI things would be different. Saying that, we don't and that's okay because this team is still capable of beating UNC and their style of play. I look forward to seeing that in the ACCT.

I would prefer someone knock the Tar Heels out of the ACC tourney on Friday Afternoon. If not Friday, then Saturday!

If all things, happen that should, and the basketball gods look down, it will be a Rematch on Sunday afternoon in Greensboro North Carolina!

ACC TOURNEY! WILL YOU BE THERE?

I will, and as always,

Go Duke!

I'd be ecstatic if someone beat them Friday or Saturday. I'd be happy if they entered the ACCT 0-25 and lost on Thursday. If we play them Sunday, bring it.

ABIC (anybody including Carolina) as long as we can get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Tina View Post
    Yeah, why not? We have to settle this on a neutral court after each winning a game at home. Plus, we always seem to do so well in the ACC Tourney. We've won 9 of them in the last 12 years.

GO DUKE!!!!
    I am not convinced the Greensboro Coliseum is a "neutral" court.

Me Too

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I'd be ecstatic if someone beat them Friday or Saturday. I'd be happy if they entered the ACCT 0-25 and lost on Thursday. If we play them Sunday, bring it.
    And Greensboro is not neutral.

SoCal

I want us to play UNC again and win. A win over them would give us the confidence and charactor to make a good run in the tourney. Plus every loss this year has come at a true road game where the opposing fans (maybe not quite as much with St. Johns) were giving the other team an INSANE amount of energy to feed off of. I do not see this happening at a neutral (at least neutral for Duke and UNC) site like the ACCT, and in fact I think Duke is the strongest team in the ACC in environments like this. I think UNC has a higher ceiling than us (without KI), but we are a better team, and will have much more poise, patience and execution in a neutral court tournament setting.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDukeFan View Post
    And Greensboro is not neutral.

SoCal
    Yea, see my post, #16, above. Kinda like calling the Charlotte Coliseum a "neutral" court in 2005.. Those *&%$ even booed our band and cheerleaders that day.

100% yes to this!

Bring on VaTech and Florida State as well (although by virtue of the schedule we can only potentially play one of them).