Where to watch UNC - Duke in Durham this Saturday

I have to participate in an on-campus meeting early this Sunday, 6 March. As a result, I will drive to Durham on Saturday, with a planned mid-afternoon arrival. My request is for any thoughts of good/novel venues to watch Duke - UNC? I am aware of the standard local watering holes and West Campus locations, but would appreciate your ideas. Thanks very much.

(Mods, please feel free to move this to Off-Topic, as appropriate).

Quote Originally Posted by 4decadedukie View Post
    I have to participate in an on-campus meeting early this Sunday, 6 March. As a result, I will drive to Durham on Saturday, with a planned mid-afternoon arrival. My request is for any thoughts of good/novel venues to watch Duke - UNC? I am aware of the standard local watering holes and West Campus locations, but would appreciate your ideas. Thanks very much.

Go to Chapel Hill, wear a jacket over your Duke shirt, scalp a ticket for $150, and go to the game!

Quote Originally Posted by 4decadedukie View Post

How could this possibly be considered off topic??

The Bull Durham Bar at the WDI will be crowded but full of Duke supporters. You can also catch it at the Joyce, Devines, and Satties on Main Street, just to name a few places.

I guess I could generalize that to: pretty much any bar in Durham or Chapel Hill will be showing it.

Anywhere there is a TV! And turn on the radio and listen to Bob Harris!

I would think if people wanted to go to the game at the Dome, there should be tickets available. Try Craigslist, in advance, or go out to the game, with cash money, and buy a ticket from a scalper. Wear your jacket, and put your Duke Tshirt in your pocket!!

I haven't been over to the Dome since 2006, which Duke won. I havent wanted to go back since. I felt like I was in Maryland.

If you're looking for something different from the "standard local watering holes" you could try the Tobacco Road Sports Cafe, which overlooks the Blue Monster at the Durham Bulls Athletic Park. It's a nice new watering hole with a cool view.

http://www.tobaccoroadsportscafe.com/about/index.html

Either that or you could watch it at my house.

Unfortunately, on campus will be rough. The Dillo, which would be the best place to watch, is closed because of spring break. Off campus will be your best bet.

Bull Durham Bar

So, I only went to Durham for the first time in December, but I would suggest the Bull Durham Bar at the Washington Duke. The bartender (his name is Tim...nice guy) said it gets really busy and crowded during Duke/UNC games, but they have a nice big screen to watch the game on. Plus, you'd be surrounded by Duke fans.

Gaaaa... I just realized the game is on CBS and not covered by Raycom. Is there an online stream anywhere?

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by DukeUsul View Post
    If you're looking for something different from the "standard local watering holes" you could try the Tobacco Road Sports Cafe, which overlooks the Blue Monster at the Durham Bulls Athletic Park. It's a nice new watering hole with a cool view.

http://www.tobaccoroadsportscafe.com/about/index.html

Either that or you could watch it at my house.
    Funny! I was going to tell him that were I not going to be out of town, he could come to my house as well.

I also 2nd the Tobacco Road joint. Great place.

I'm thinking about watching at Motorco which is a new music venue. There should be a lot of supporters from both sides there. Which is something I dig and then there's a good free show going on afterward. There's more than enough space for lots of people and they recently picked up a huge high def projection screen.