First Day of March

I can't even take credit for this idea: A friend posted this to her Facebook page. But I also can't think of a better way to mark the start of March 2011 than with this:

As a sidenote, it amazes me that in my mid 30s I still pour so much energy into watching Duke games. I wonder sometimes if college hoops fandom has literally taken years off my life. And then I watch something like this and think, wow, it is actually worth it.

Here's to another great season, another special Duke team, Coach K passing 902 wins and getting one for the thumb, and numbers 2 and 12 hanging in the Cameron rafters next year.

Bring on March! GO DUKE!!

Thanks for posting this! I'm in my ahemmmm 50ish & I am still as Duke crazy as I was 25 years ago. I have mojo things that I have to do for every game which reminds me I have to go pick up a gallon of iced tea on my way home. I want a Nolan jersey so bad it is killing me but nothing new until the end of the year rule goes into effect.
    Right now I should be working on closing out February but I'm too busy reading about all the teams right now. I finished in second place in one of my brackets last year. * On a sidenote, I would have won if I had chosen a certain team that happened to win it all. I never pick us to win though. I would rather lose a bracket & win a championship.

Ahh, March! It's Duke's time of year!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Ahh, March! It's Duke's time of year!
    That's just not fair...

Its March

Its March let the madness begin

Oh, it's on...

I miss Zoubek and Thomas. Those guys didn't fill the basket, but their tough defense and insanely productive rebounding really propelled that team.

Thanks for posting this.
    By now, I don't know how many dozen times I've watched this video, but I do know how many times I've watched it without getting chills and tearing up...zero.
    And for the record, Luther's 'One Shining Moment' is about 68 billion times better than Jennifer Hudson's version.

I'm a Duke parent in my 60s

I just watched the video. We were at the final four with our son, grandson(9) and my wife and I. It was one of the great experiences of my life. To be with your wife, son and grandson at the games was just awesome. Definitely at the top of my 'bucket list'. I'm hoping for a repeat this year.

My goodness the tears are flowing! What a special, special season it was. I began my fanatical obsession with Duke in 1990 when I was in 6th grade. I'm now 31 and I have gone through a lot of difficult times in my life. The one constant, positive in my life is Duke basketball. Those boys have helped me through so much and last year meant more than anyone can imagine.

I'm looking forward to many more special memories. To quote my favorite movie and Coach Norman Dale, "I LOVE YOU GUYS!"

Quote Originally Posted by Chitowndevil View Post
    I can't even take credit for this idea: A friend posted this to her Facebook page. But I also can't think of a better way to mark the start of March 2011 than with this:

As a sidenote, it amazes me that in my mid 30s I still pour so much energy into watching Duke games. I wonder sometimes if college hoops fandom has literally taken years off my life. And then I watch something like this and think, wow, it is actually worth it.

Here's to another great season, another special Duke team, Coach K passing 902 wins and getting one for the thumb, and numbers 2 and 12 hanging in the Cameron rafters next year.

Bring on March! GO DUKE!!
    Thank you for posting the video.

I'm 53 years old. I didn't attend Duke for undergrad, but I did go to law school there. I've been a fan of Duke athletics since my family moved to Greensboro in 1968. (I was eleven. Practically everybody in my school was a Carolina fan, of course.)

If you're like me, you might find you invest even more into these kids emotionally twenty years from now. I've loved all of our teams, but 2010 was really special to me.

TREMENDOUS.

As always, I turn away from watching the final shot.