Quote Originally Posted by RoyalBlue08 View Post
Va Tech is celebrating like they just won some kind of championship. Quite funny.
For them, this is a championship. They just punched their ticket to the NCAA tournament, only the second time they've been there with Greenberg as coach if I heard correctly. I'd imagine a similar display of emotion if we beat them in football to get a bid to some crappy bowl game.

Winnable game, but pretty poor execution by Duke down the stretch. We quit scoring on offense and committed two incredibly costly turnovers after taking care of the ball very well for the entire game. We shut down Delaney, but their supporting cast played their tails off. We were flat outworked on the offensive glass, and settled way to much for 3's early in the shot clock. Despite all that, we still had a great chance to win, but our rock missed his FT's when it counted. I have a hard time fathoming how we couldn't even get a shot off with 20 seconds to go and 4 shooters on the court.

Va. Tech played well, and deserved to win. It's just disappointing that we let this one get away. It's the first time all year I felt like we were the better team that day and still lost.

At least #4 and #5 lost as well, so we'll likely stay on the #1 line another week.