Thread: Team Leadership

Team Leadership

One the verge of seeing Nolan and Kyle's last game in Cameron, makes me think that the biggest shoes to fill for next year will not be the scoring, but that of the team's leadership. This will be an even bigger question if Kyrie choses not to return. Should he return, he will undoubtedly be our floor general, and a very capable one at that. But if he doesn't, who will fill that role? It's absolutely critical that someone emerge as the leader. From what I've seen thus far, I'm not sure who it will/could be. Would hate to see Quinn expected to step in as a freshman and be the leader. (Kyrie is absolutely unique in that regard.)
    I don't think Miles/Mason/Ryan will naturally take over - it might take some encouragement. Seth???? He will step up in scoring but is he vocal enough and confident enough to direct the team? Andre? Austin? He's got the heart, confidence, and swagger, but again, I hate to look to a freshman to lead the squad.

Just one more reason to appreciate all that Nolan and Kyle have brought to Duke - we will miss them -especially thier leadership.

[Let's save this one for after the season. We have lots of this year to worry about. -jk]
    Last edited by -jk; 02-28-2011 at 05:19 PM. Reason: next year...