Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Congrats Marshall Plumlee and the Christ School Greenies!


  2. #2

    nice

    it's good to bring championship experience from HS to Duke, hopefully Duke will have B2B titles waiting on him when he arrives so that he can continue basking in the championship glow. If that's 5 strait titles then that means Miles had 2 and Mason had 3 there plus they both have one NCAA title. Add 4 titles for Marshall and hopefully 2 more for his older brothers this year. It's good experience to have no doubt...

  3. #3

    Cool Nice game by Marshall

    I happened to be in AVL yesterday and spent it productively by attending the championship game. Christ School's teamwork and defense was impressive and Marshall's contributions were imperative to the victory. He ws the second leading scorer for the team and his defense was crucial to preserving the victory on Charlotte ?Christian's last shot.
    At this point in his career I would rate him as the second best of the three brothers in terms of talent and the third in terms of strength. But after all, he is still in HS and will obviously put on bulk and strength while at Duke. One encouraging note is that he finished well, something the Miles did not do yesterday. Plus, his decisionmaking and movement off the ball were also good.
    He is likely to be a welcome 15-20 minute contributor next year as a low post player. Don't see him as another Ryan Kelly who is alleged to possess three-point range.
    Last edited by Zafort; 02-27-2011 at 10:44 AM. Reason: typo

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Atlanta, GA/Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafort View Post
    I happened to be in AVL yesterday and spent it productively by attending the championship game. Christ School's teamwork and defense was impressive and Marshall's contributions were imperative to the victory. He ws the second leading scorer for the team and his defense was crucial to preserving the victory on Charlotte ?Christian's last shot.
    At this point in his career I would rate him as the second best of the three brothers in terms of talent and the third in terms of strength. But after all, he is still in HS and will obviously put on bulk and strength while at Duke. One encouraging note is that he finished well, something the Miles did not do yesterday. Plus, his decisionmaking and movement off the ball were also good.
    He is likely to be a welcome 15-20 minute contributor next year as a low post player. Don't see him as another Ryan Kelly who is alleged to possess three-point range.
    It's always easier to finish well when you're 7-foot in High School. College basketball is a whole other animal.

    You say that he is the weakest of the brothers and then assume he would get 15-20 off the bench? Don't understand how you could see this - especially when there's a high probability that we'll have our deepest crop of bigs in a long time next year.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafort View Post
    He is likely to be a welcome 15-20 minute contributor next year as a low post player.
    I'm very excited a third Plumlee will be on the roster next season, but projecting Marshall as a 15-20 minute contributor as a freshman is a huge overstatement. As freshmen, Miles and Mason averaged 6.9 and 14.1 minutes per game respectively. Moreover, as SupaDave points out, we will be deep in the post next season. But hey, I hope you right because if Marshall is able to earn 15 mpg it will mean he has the potential to be a beast in the low post. Personally, my expectations are he will see limited minutes as a freshman, while learning Duke's defensive schemes from his big brothers.
    Bob Green
    United States Navy (Retired)
    @JBobGreen

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Nashville
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I'm very excited a third Plumlee will be on the roster next season, but projecting Marshall as a 15-20 minute contributor as a freshman is a huge overstatement. As freshmen, Miles and Mason averaged 6.9 and 14.1 minutes per game respectively. Moreover, as SupaDave points out, we will be deep in the post next season. But hey, I hope you right because if Marshall is able to earn 15 mpg it will mean he has the potential to be a beast in the low post. Personally, my expectations are he will see limited minutes as a freshman, while learning Duke's defensive schemes from his big brothers.
    Agreed. Also, assuming Mason returns, I hope that even if he eventually becomes a beast in the post, he STILL won't see much time next season because Mason and Ryan improve dramatically to become stars in their own right and Miles has something close to a Zoubekian senior year. I also expect Hairston to make a big jump next season meaning that even if Marshall is really good, he'll have to be better than senior Miles, juniors Mason and Ryan, and sophomore Josh to see significant court time. Personally, I'm betting that between our four current bigs, they will improve enough to take up virtually all of the frontcourt minutes next season. Marshall will be big for us one day. Barring injury or some other strange events, I hope he won't have to be a big contributor for us next season.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by COYS View Post
    Agreed. Also, assuming Mason returns, I hope that even if he eventually becomes a beast in the post, he STILL won't see much time next season because Mason and Ryan improve dramatically to become stars in their own right and Miles has something close to a Zoubekian senior year. I also expect Hairston to make a big jump next season meaning that even if Marshall is really good, he'll have to be better than senior Miles, juniors Mason and Ryan, and sophomore Josh to see significant court time. Personally, I'm betting that between our four current bigs, they will improve enough to take up virtually all of the frontcourt minutes next season. Marshall will be big for us one day. Barring injury or some other strange events, I hope he won't have to be a big contributor for us next season.
    Also during the televised game again Quin Cook's team one of the announcers kept saying that there were "whispers" that Marshall would red shirt next year. I have no idea if the so called whispers are credible but assuming MP1, MP2, Ryan and Josh are all back next year I don't see much PT available for Marshall. In that case a red shirt year might not be a bad idea especially since Marshall apparently needs to add strength.

  8. #8

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by COYS View Post
    I also expect Hairston to make a big jump next season meaning that even if Marshall is really good, he'll have to be better than senior Miles, juniors Mason and Ryan, and sophomore Josh to see significant court time.
    Josh Hairston is 6'7 and plays a mid-range jump-shooters game on O and is not a prolific rebounder. Marshall is 7'0 and, as far as I know, doesn't shoot from very far away from the rim. I see Josh competing more with Gbinije and Dawkins for minutes at the 3, and maybe some minutes as a small 4 than with Marshall, who I have to assume won't see minutes as anything other than a 5, at least as a Fr.
    I would love to see Josh make a huge leap as a So. but let's be real, he is a good player and hopefully he has a strong work-ethic, but he was not a upper-echelon recruit. I will be happy to see him develop along the lines of Lance Thomas, who never made a huge leap in terms of offensive output. His defense steadily improved and his offensive game diversified a little at Duke, and if JH can do that he'll be a solid contributor.
    I doubt that we'll ever see all 3 MPs on the floor at the same time, but imagine them with Kelly on the floor, plus Austin or Seth at the point, that would be a huge line-up. That's 27'7" of Plumlee+Kelly!!!

Similar Threads

  1. Marshall Plumlee on TV
    By DBFAN in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-03-2011, 03:50 PM
  2. Marshall Plumlee Thread
    By chillfan23 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-21-2010, 04:20 PM
  3. Marshall Plumlee
    By Blueequalslife23 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 261
    Last Post: 07-09-2010, 11:06 AM
  4. Marshall Plumlee
    By Osiagledknarf in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-23-2010, 04:18 PM
  5. Marshall Plumlee
    By airowe in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-17-2009, 10:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •