Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Charlie Sheen

Charlie Sheen

For those of you who like to watch car wrecks or better yet a train wreck in slow motion there is this http://www.aolnews.com/2011/02/25/ch...t-listen-here/

Charlie Sheen on air rant which shows a delusional mind. You would think he was a Vietnam War hero to listen to it instead of some guy who's dad played a Vietnam war hero. Really kind of bizarre and pathetic, I feel bad for his family.

He would get along just fine with Dave Mustaine.

He all but admitted in an interview on GMA this morning that he was bipolar, but not on meds for it (duh!). The interview was taped, but they filmed him having blood drawn for blood tests to prove that he was clean of drugs. He was definitely manic during the interview. I couldn't listen to him.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    He all but admitted in an interview on GMA this morning that he was bipolar, but not on meds for it (duh!). The interview was taped, but they filmed him having blood drawn for blood tests to prove that he was clean of drugs. He was definitely manic during the interview. I couldn't listen to him.
    And I thought he was saying he wasn't bipolor because he didn't ever do the curl up in a ball depression thing.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    This has to be one of the greatest quotes of all time though..
    "I am on a drug," Sheen said. "It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."

Quote Originally Posted by bluebear View Post
    This has to be one of the greatest quotes of all time though..
    "I am on a drug," Sheen said. "It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
    I was impressed that the interviewer didn't crack up at that line.

Wow. Sooo... Charlie Sheen has gone crazy I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    Oh, I don't think so. It seems clear that he's been crazy for some time - he's just not bothered to hide it at all anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    Oh, I don't think so. It seems clear that he's been crazy for some time - he's just not bothered to hide it at all anymore.
    Reminding me more of Mike "I'ma gonna eat your children" Tyson than anyone else at this point.

The quotes almost seem funny by themselves, but if you actually listen to the interview it's really bizarre. It's not just him being a half-tongue-in-cheek cocky jerk, which is what I expected - and would be kind of funny - rather, he seems to not only be 100% serious with his comments, he sneers them out in a way that make him sound like a cross between an obnoxious teenage girl and Ace Ventura.

Weird.

Yeah, I am having a hard time "enjoying" his meltdown, because he is clearly nuts.

Peaked Early

Yeah, I am having a hard time "enjoying" his meltdown, because he is clearly nuts.
    Maybe all of Hollywood knew this. Kind of interesting if you look at his resume, he had two great movies: Platoon and Wall Street very early in his career, he followed that up with Hot Shots (and sequel) sillly comedies and then pretty much nothing on the big screen. I mean 20 years ago he was supposed to have a career like Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise, Denzel Washington, Sean Penn, Jeff Bridges, etc. He got off to a great start.

As a serious actor he has been irrelevant for over 20 years

The man deserves some recognition for the belly-button-to-mouth shot with the olive.

What seems most likely is that he's been pretty much self-medicating with drugs and booze all these years. Now that he's supposedly "clean", the manic in him is set free. He's going to get worse before he gets better, IF he gets better. That's my prediction. Pretty sad.

Danny McBride and Jody Hill should sue Charlie Sheen for stealing Kenny Powers' schtick. I haven't seen identity theft that bad since the Net.

Quote Originally Posted by tecumseh View Post
    Maybe all of Hollywood knew this. Kind of interesting if you look at his resume, he had two great movies: Platoon and Wall Street very early in his career, he followed that up with Hot Shots (and sequel) sillly comedies and then pretty much nothing on the big screen. I mean 20 years ago he was supposed to have a career like Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise, Denzel Washington, Sean Penn, Jeff Bridges, etc. He got off to a great start.

As a serious actor he has been irrelevant for over 20 years
    I think, not that I enjoy piling onto his troubles, that he probably was never relevant as a serious actor to begin with. Platoon was great because of the direction and Willem Defoe and soundtrack and probably a couple more factors before you get to Charlie Sheen, and Wall Street was fully carried by Michael Douglas (with an assist from a different Sheen). His contributions are both what I think of as "vessel" roles. The personal journey of both characters from naive and brash to jaded and broken at the end is important as symbolism, not because you care about the person of the character. They're both a stand-in for society. Charlie had the cool attitude and looked a little like Tom Cruise and obviously Oliver Stone found some good vehicles for that, but mostly I think people thought of him as a potentially serious actor because of his father's skills. Then again I was about 12 when those films came out, so I might be talking out my rear.

Where is the line

First off Mal I agree with you I never was really impressed with Charlie Sheen as an actor and those two roles were actually quite easy to play.

But my food for thought is this. IF a celebrity had a stroke and had difficulty speaking, or say had one of those oddities like when they speak in word salads it would be considered in extremely poor taste to schedule a lot of interviews with him to make fun of how he speaks. The same would be true if someone was having an obvious schizophrenic episode.

Now most mental health professionals feel that Sheen is either having an acute manic episode or suffering a breakdown of sorts from excessive substance abuse. There are clear signs of mental illness in these interviews, delusions of grandeur (tiger blood and Adonis DNA), flight of ideas, judgement so poor that it demands child services pay a visit. So is this OK to watch him and schedule more and more interviews. Today show, Dan Patrick show, 20/20 etc.

Quote Originally Posted by tecumseh View Post
    First off Mal I agree with you I never was really impressed with Charlie Sheen as an actor and those two roles were actually quite easy to play.

But my food for thought is this. IF a celebrity had a stroke and had difficulty speaking, or say had one of those oddities like when they speak in word salads it would be considered in extremely poor taste to schedule a lot of interviews with him to make fun of how he speaks. The same would be true if someone was having an obvious schizophrenic episode.

Now most mental health professionals feel that Sheen is either having an acute manic episode or suffering a breakdown of sorts from excessive substance abuse. There are clear signs of mental illness in these interviews, delusions of grandeur (tiger blood and Adonis DNA), flight of ideas, judgement so poor that it demands child services pay a visit. So is this OK to watch him and schedule more and more interviews. Today show, Dan Patrick show, 20/20 etc.
    Again... Kenny Powers imo

Quote Originally Posted by A-Tex Devil View Post
    Danny McBride and Jody Hill should sue Charlie Sheen for stealing Kenny Powers' schtick. I haven't seen identity theft that bad since the Net.
    Haha true... and you can already tell, Charlie Sheen is going to be the most quoted character over the next few months since Frank The Tank in Old School. I heard two quotes in the first ten minutes of Sportscenter alone last night, and one on the radio on the way to work.

Is it possible Charlie Sheen is just a marketing genius? Probably not, but he's the hottest topic in the country right now, and not completely in a negative way...

Hm, did anyone see this quote from K postgame last night, about Kyle?

"People ask ‘what position does he play?’ He plays winner.”

That sounds dangerously close to a Sheenism.