Most Annoying Web Site

This site was linked for the Shavlik Randolph story. It gets my vote for most annoying site I've ever visited. I never read the story because of the animated ads that popped up. This is a good example of what you shouldn't do with web technology.

As I opened the page, I thought to myself, "well, there are a lot of ads on this page, but what's so annoy... oh."
    Pretty bad. Anyone listening? Don't put ads like that up - it bugs people enough that they may go away and not come back.

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    This site was linked for the Shavlik Randolph story. It gets my vote for most annoying site I've ever visited. I never read the story because of the animated ads that popped up. This is a good example of what you shouldn't do with web technology.
    Firefox's ad-block got rid of everything except the annoying video guy who came up at the bottom - but i X'ed him out after about 3 seconds.

"You know, I don't usually like to bother people while they're surfing the web, but I can show you a car that can save you..."

Do these advertisers know no shame? I'll give you 0 guesses.

The annoying dude video is provided by a company called Rovion. That is their schtick, and they call it 'In Person.' They've been in my AdBlockPlus filter for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by snowdenscold View Post
    Firefox's ad-block got rid of everything except the annoying video guy who came up at the bottom - but i X'ed him out after about 3 seconds.

"You know, I don't usually like to bother people while they're surfing the web, but I can show you a car that can save you..."

Do these advertisers know no shame? I'll give you 0 guesses.
    Strange that Firefox let that through but IE on the computer I was using caught it, as I understand Firefox to be better about that sort of thing. I had to disable my blocker to see what y'all were complaining about -- and yes, totally obnoxious!