Much has been said the past month (and again in the thread about today's GT game) about the third scorer. Duke needs to find another scoring threat to go along with Nolan and Kyle if they hope to win another NC.
I think part of this mentality comes from last years triple threat of John, Nolan and Kyle. They were all so good at going on a run in any game, that if one was off we always had two others picking up the slack. With John gone, the fear is that if either Nolan or Kyle are off, it may be too much to ask that just one of them pick up the slack for the other.
But all season, we have been seeing that the "Third Scorer" has been the rest of the team. We seem to have someone else stepping up every game to help out.
Call me old fashioned, but I don't think we need to look for a "Third Scorer." As long as everyone on the team contributes and every game, someone else steps up, what more can you ask for? This team has done well as a team and should go far in the tourney, even without a designated "Third Scorer."