Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

UNC Football Scandal - The Beat Goes On

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6133474

Reversing its previous decision, the NCAA will now permit UNC-CH’s Devon Ramsay to return to intercollegiate football, after having permanently excluded him incident to the Tarheel program’s multiple ethics issues.
    Last edited by Newton_14; 06-21-2011 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 4decadedukie View Post
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6133474

Reversing its previous decision, the NCAA will now permit UNC-CH’s Devon Ramsay to return to intercollegiate football, after having permanently excluded him incident to the Tarheel program’s multiple ethics issues.
    No big surprise here at least to me. After the NCAA basically let Cam Newton and Auburn off scott free I would have a hard time seeing them inforce much of anything on anyone for fear of even more scruitiny.

Guess we know who gets all the calls, and has the NCAA in their pockets.

Is everything done, or are there still pending issues with the UNC agent/cheating mess?

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Is everything done, or are there still pending issues with the UNC agent/cheating mess?
    Is Butch Davis still employed there?

For all the grief we/I enjoy giving their fans, I think most Duke fans wouldn't begrudge UNC a solid standing as a do-it-the-right-way kind of athletic department, generally. But this sure has to leave a sour taste in the mouths of any fans there with lingering illusions of their program being above that sort of "dirty hands" stuff. I'm sincerely disappointed not to see greater accountability at the top of the FB program. $$ wins again.

-BD "or is there still another shoe to drop" BD

Quote Originally Posted by -bdbd View Post
    For all the grief we/I enjoy giving their fans, I think most Duke fans wouldn't begrudge UNC a solid standing as a do-it-the-right-way kind of athletic department, generally. But this sure has to leave a sour taste in the mouths of any fans there with lingering illusions of their program being above that sort of "dirty hands" stuff. I'm sincerely disappointed not to see greater accountability at the top of the FB program. $$ wins again.
    x2.

Looks like the biggest difference between UNC and Clemson is that one is next to a pretty lake.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I believe that the NCAA has completed their investigation and will, at some point, issue a report with their findings. Carolina will respond at that point. Then, the NCAA will decide what, if any, sanctions/penalties are warranted. Carolina will likely appeal.

-Jason "it is a long process -- could easily take a year" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I believe that the NCAA has completed their investigation and will, at some point, issue a report with their findings. Carolina will respond at that point. Then, the NCAA will decide what, if any, sanctions/penalties are warranted. Carolina will likely appeal.

-Jason "it is a long process -- could easily take a year" Evans
    Thanks.

Unfortunately, that sounds like a slap on the wrist is coming.

NCAA = big fat joke.

Love to be proved wrong. But if a good part of the team can be involved with an agent, and another good part of the team can cheat on tests, why bother.

N & O brings up the elephant in the room

"One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

“Don't tell me where your priorities are. Show me where you spend your money and I'll tell you what they are.”
    James W. Frick

New Developments with Agent Wichard

The NC attorney general is after financial and other records of agent Gary Wichard's company relating to potential violations of NC laws about the agent's paying of players.

sagegrouse

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    The NC attorney general is after financial and other records of agent Gary Wichard's company relating to potential violations of NC laws about the agent's paying of players.

sagegrouse
    Dig, AG, dig! If UNC won't do anything about integrity, it falls to you!

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post

sagegrouse
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6174078

To amplify slightly on Sage's post, ESPN now reports that a subpoena has been issued for financial records and information; it will be interesting to see if the agent(s) will implicate others to save themselves.

Did I just hear on WRAL that agent Gary Wichard is dead?

ETA: Yup. http://news.bostonherald.com/sports/...osition=recent

Quote Originally Posted by DukeUsul View Post
    Did I just hear on WRAL that agent Gary Wichard is dead?

ETA: Yup. http://news.bostonherald.com/sports/...osition=recent
    That is a tough way to go, prayers for his family and friends...

NFL draft

UNC had 9 players chosen in the NFL draft, most of any college. Of course, several of them missed games or the entire 2010 season due to scandal, turning a potentially great season into a half-decent season.

Will Butch Davis and crew put a Calipari-like spin on this and call the draft one of the great weekends in UNC football history?

Of course they will. He's unc's answer to Uconn, Ky, Az (lute) basketball coaches.

can the name of this thread be changed? cause there's really no scandal....nothing's gonna happen, no one is in trouble or anything...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor

Dejavu

After everything that went on with the UNC Football program last season, one would think caution would be used moving forward. Guess not.

NCAA back on campus investigating the Quinton Coples situation. Coples attended a draft party for Marvin Lewis and Robert Quinn. The latest story on WRAL contains newly released photo's from the party with Coples front and center sporting a really nice watch.

Will be interesting to see the UNC AD and Butch spin this one away.

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/unc/image_gallery/9623152/

Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    After everything that went on with the UNC Football program last season, one would think caution would be used moving forward. Guess not.

NCAA back on campus investigating the Quinton Coples situation. Coples attended a draft party for Marvin Lewis and Robert Quinn. The latest story on WRAL contains newly released photo's from the party with Coples front and center sporting a really nice watch.

Will be interesting to see the UNC AD and Butch spin this one away.

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/unc/image_gallery/9623152/
    Another year probation and/or loss of scholarships for ECU?