Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by monkey View Post
    If this is the guy, all I can say is: really? At age 62? Shouldn't you know better? A retired state trooper? Really?
    Really - this guy drank the Bama Kool Aid - according to "one of his ex-wives" he has a daughter named Crimson and a son named Bear.

Auburn alum Charles Barkley sums it up - "We're from Alabama -- you can't make this s--- up."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/column...ark&id=6132246

BTK Killer

Yeah this guy is not too clever. I was watching a program on the serial BTK killer and he asked the cops if he sent them a floppy disc would they be able to trace it. They replied, well no, of course they could and they caught him after he sent in a floppy disc and when they did he was upset that they had lied to him.

Amazing how the human brain can function or malfunction sometimes.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Perhaps it is unfair to judge the entire Bama fanbase by the actions of one moron, but it is fair to judge the entire fanbase by the fanbase's reaction to the incident. Are they uniformly critical of the act, or is there an undercurrent of approval? Do they step up to do what they can to make up for the damage?

Case in point: Maryland. Perhaps it is unfair to judge them for the actios of a few, but it is entirely fair to judge them lacking in class for failing to take significant action to curtail such actions - unless choosing to become irrelevant in ACC basketball is the plan to tone down hooliganistic fans.
    According to local radio today, Bama Nation has come out and loudly condemmed this wacko for his idiotic actions. One Bama fan has already offered to pay to plant new trees should any of the tree's die. I have not scoured the Web yet for articles confirming this but it does sound like on the whole, Bama nation is heavily criticizing this criminal act.

From a personal standpoint, the Bama fans I encountered at the Duke game this year were very nice people. They were very cordial, and large numbers flocked to Cameron Indoor prior to the game to take pics and such. Many went up into the stands and just sat and soaked it in. Pretty cool. They were very fun to tailgate with as well. They pulled for their team without bad mouthing our team. That was my experience with them that day FWIW.

Glad the 'bama fans are reacting the way we would. What a disgusting act.

OTOH, I couldn't help but pick this description out of the article concerning the Auburn students' reaction:

"about 200 concerned students gathered at the oaks, throwing toilet paper"

Way to honor the poisoned icons, guys. Ah, to be 18 again.
    Quel est si drole de la paix, de l'amour, et de la comprehension?

Quote Originally Posted by mkline09 View Post
    Not meaning to condemn the entire fan base. Was speaking directly to the classlessness that I experienced at the football game and how it correlates to this action. Not all Alabama fans are bad, just like all Maryland fans and unc fans aren't bad and all Duke fans aren't good. But there are certainly a segment in any fan base that is an embarrassment and this guy fits the bill.
    I live down in SEC country and there are plenty of Alabama fans in my area. I agree that not all of the alabama fans are not bad, but that is the last person you want to see regardless of if they win or lose. If they win they will boast until they lose their voice and if they lose they will complain until you force yourself to agree with them. I guess that is what you get when you live in an area where national signing day for football is a religious holiday

Quote Originally Posted by mapei View Post
    OTOH, I couldn't help but pick this description out of the article concerning the Auburn students' reaction:

"about 200 concerned students gathered at the oaks, throwing toilet paper"

Way to honor the poisoned icons, guys. Ah, to be 18 again.
    Don't jump too quickly, I'm pretty sure it's part of an Auburn tradition.

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    Don't jump too quickly, I'm pretty sure it's part of an Auburn tradition.
    it is part of their tradition after big wins, especially over Bama

Alabama supporters raise money to help replace poisoned trees

http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/articl...1007?p=1&tc=pg

Sick. I hear he has been charged with criminal mischief, which is appropriate. I'd like to see him have to bear the financial cost of the pain he has caused as well. I'm a Master Gardener, really horrible when the innocent plants get it.

WAY too much hatred everywhere out there these days. Have to stamp that out and kill it wherever possible. [sarcasm alert].