Thread: Nolan vs. Kyrie

Nolan vs. Kyrie

OK, this is a late afternoon malaise at work kind of thought. And there are a lot of ifs, ands, and buts to the question.

It goes without saying that all Duke fans want Kyrie to return to playing ASAP.

It goes without saying that all Duke fans want Nolan to become the first ACC player to lead in both scoring and assists.

But if and when Kyrie does come back, doesn't it largely put the kibosh on Nolan's attempt to become the first ACC player to lead both scoring and assists?
    ~rthomas

Nope

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    OK, this is a late afternoon malaise at work kind of thought. And there are a lot of ifs, ands, and buts to the question.

It goes without saying that all Duke fans want Kyrie to return to playing ASAP.

It goes without saying that all Duke fans want Nolan to become the first ACC player to lead in both scoring and assists.

But if and when Kyrie does come back, doesn't it largely put the kibosh on Nolan's attempt to become the first ACC player to lead both scoring and assists?
    First of all, when Kyrie got hurt, he and Nolan both had very high assist numbers. Second, if Kyrie comes back, it likely will be at most for one or two regular season games and only for limited minutes. So it wouldn't take away from Nolan much at all. Not that Nolan would care.

Do the scoring/assist numbers include ACC tourney?

I will always prioritize one player's health over another's statistical records. However, I doubt that Kyrie's return would come early enough to truly hurt Nolan's shot at leading the ACC in scoring and assists. Here's to hoping that Kyrie comes back AND Nolan leads the ACC in both categories.

And the downside to Kyrie coming back is???? I think Nolan would be just fine with not leading with points & assists if that means winning a championship.

I wish them both a healthy Monday.

I thought this thread would be about the "workout" Nolan and Kyrie had the other day with some updates on the "toe" situation...

Not hypothetical situations..

OK in the spirit of it all then, let me ask this then; When Kyrie comes back and we win the title.. will the team forego the typical ring for a Toe Ring to commemorate this one?

Post-season stats count.

In the eight games in which Irving played, Smith averaged 17.8 ppg and 5 apg.

So, I don't think this is a major concern.

Quote Originally Posted by wilko View Post
    I thought this thread would be about the "workout" Nolan and Kyrie had the other day with some updates on the "toe" situation...

Not hypothetical situations..

OK in the spirit of it all then, let me ask this then; When Kyrie comes back and we win the title.. will the team forego the typical ring for a Toe Ring to commemorate this one?

I'm sure Nolan would say that team goals are way more important than individual goals.