Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seth Question

Seth Question

With Seth transferring; he sat out last year, played this year. Does he have 1 or 2 more years left of eligibility left?
    There is a slice of red velvet cake riding on this.
    TIA!

Quote Originally Posted by PADukeMom View Post
    With Seth transferring; he sat out last year, played this year. Does he have 1 or 2 more years left of eligibility left?
    TIA!
    He has two years of eligibility left.

Hope you got the cake!

Two years.

Talking Seth is a Sophomore for Athletic Eligibility

Quote Originally Posted by PADukeMom View Post
    TIA!
    Which means he has two more years left. See official Duke roster.

sagegrouse

Just to clarify, he has two years remaining AFTER THIS YEAR. I will resist the urge to open up a can of worms by suggesting that based on his recent play, he might not be here that long. Must... resist...

Cool Put a lil CURRY on top!!!

The Smell of Victory!!! Put a Lil Curry on top. Thank goodness, Seth did transfer from Liberty after his tremendous freshman year there. And sitting out last season, he only got to play in the Blue White game (countdown to craziness). But practiced with the team entire last season. What a great kid!!! Those Curry men know how to handle a basketball!

Mr Curry. this season and 2 more seasons!!! Unless, he has a breakout year, like Big Brother, Steph did at Davidson! 2011/2012 2012/2013.

Seth has had 2 great games in a row! Keep peaking Mr Curry! And put a lil Curry on that! (like Pour some sugar on me.. Def Leppard). DUKE LOVES CURRY!!!

and as always,

GO DUKE!!

Anybody know/or where to find out what Seth Curry was rated from high school going to Liberty?

Not very high.

Then again, neither was his brother.

A good ?

Quote Originally Posted by Krzyzewskiville View Post
    Anybody know/or where to find out what Seth Curry was rated from high school going to Liberty?
    Thats a great question!

Both Seth and Steph, sortof went unrecruited by the Elite schools. I dont think they played AAU ball, because they worked out with their Father, and a trainer. So at least I read that, when Seth was transferring to Duke! Neither, Seth or Stephen were recruited by ACC schools, or their parents alum school, Va Tech. You would have thought Seth Greenburg, would have offered a pedigree BBall alum in Dell Curry, his sons a scholorship. And he didnt. Not even to Seth, after the great years Steph had at Davidson College. Greensburg, loose. Duke's win!

I would be interested to know Seth's rating, and also his brothers, also. Those CURRY men can handle a basketball and shoot and SCORE! How Sweet it is!!!
    Last edited by DevilWearsPrada; 02-14-2011 at 12:07 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Starter View Post
    Not very high.

Then again, neither was his brother.
    THANKS for posting. You posted that, as I was typing!!!

Those Curry men, are excellent. And perhaps, they do Bloom late. But Blooming in College, and getting better and better! Isnt that how its suppose to be?

I love you guys! I knew I was right on that Seth was playing as a Sophmore. I get red velvet cake...I should have bet more but the kid is broke.

I agree that it is really shocking that no big-time schools (Duke included) offered either of the Currys a scholarship when they came out of high school. I have to give a ton of credit to their parents for NOT using their own personal connections to give them any advantage. They allowed their kids to develop on their own and earn what they get based on their own merits and hard work. Contrast that with the Jordan kid who refused to play because his school wasn't using his dad's sneakers, or something like that. The Curry family is doing things the right way.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    I agree that it is really shocking that no big-time schools (Duke included) offered either of the Currys a scholarship when they came out of high school. I have to give a ton of credit to their parents for NOT using their own personal connections to give them any advantage. They allowed their kids to develop on their own and earn what they get based on their own merits and hard work. Contrast that with the Jordan kid who refused to play because his school wasn't using his dad's sneakers, or something like that. The Curry family is doing things the right way.
    It really tells you something about how overpowered the AAU circuit is that someone as great of a player as seth (seriously...he's phenomenal) couldn't get recruited by big time schools ESPECIALLY after they all missed his fairly similarly skilled brother, despite the fact that they have a 'celebrity' father...you could be the best player in the country, but if you don't go AAU, you don't get looks
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    It really tells you something about how overpowered the AAU circuit is that someone as great of a player as seth (seriously...he's phenomenal) couldn't get recruited by big time schools ESPECIALLY after they all missed his fairly similarly skilled brother, despite the fact that they have a 'celebrity' father...you could be the best player in the country, but if you don't go AAU, you don't get looks
    Is that what happened? Or is it that both players weren't that good early in high school and developed later in high school and then through college? I'm asking seriously, because I really don't know.

Is that what happened? Or is it that both players weren't that good early in high school and developed later in high school and then through college? I'm asking seriously, because I really don't know.
    Errr probably partially. I'd also guess a big bit was their size...you'll notice on Scout both Currys get dinged for toughness and lack of finishing ability. I think if you're not an "ideal sized" guard, and you don't put up incredible performances constantly (which the AAU circuit helps), then you'll not be up high in the recruiting rankings.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

http://collegebasketball.rivals.com/...asp?CID=892457

not really, I guess he did play AAU, but he certainly didn't use the connections like a lot of players do. IT seems that he was injured during his senior year which meant he was only playing 75%. That combined with the size factor meant he never really got to prove himself at the high school level. HIs freshman year more than made up for it, and I'm sure he's happy where he ended up. Life has a funny way of working out. If he was 100%, he probably would have ended up at some middling ACC school, and never made it to duke.

to seth: sorry we didn't recruit you, and we're glad to have you here.
    1200. DDMF.

Contrast that with the Jordan kid who refused to play because his school wasn't using his dad's sneakers, or something like that. The Curry family is doing things the right way.
    Yes, the Curry family does things the right way and I'm generally the first person in line to disparage Mike "Cheese Eyes" Jordan but I won't disparage the kid here. I blame the school in this situation for promising the kid that he could wear his dad's shoes in the first place without checking with Reebok. It came up during his recruitment and he was led to believe that it wouldn't be an issue. I'd probably want to wear my dad's shoes too if I were him.

Seth Curry has been one of my favorite players, along with his brother, for a couple of years. Continued improvement of Seth is a done deal, as far as I am concerned. Why? Because he is playing under K and his staff. We may have him only one more year, since he is a academically a junior. He'll get a better chance to make that judgment about this time next year.

I happened to catch part of a Golden State game yesterday when channel surfing. Steph really was looking good in that game, a victory for the Warriors over Oklahoma City. He had a double/double with 13 assists and 23 points in 38 minutes of play. He averages 18 points and 6 assists per game, and is a starter at point guard. Seth could easily be heading in that same direction. We are fortunate to have him on our team.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post
    Seth Curry has been one of my favorite players, along with his brother, for a couple of years. Continued improvement of Seth is a done deal, as far as I am concerned. Why? Because he is playing under K and his staff. We may have him only one more year, since he is a academically a junior. He'll get a better chance to make that judgment about this time next year.

I happened to catch part of a Golden State game yesterday when channel surfing. Steph really was looking good in that game, a victory for the Warriors over Oklahoma City. He had a double/double with 13 assists and 23 points in 38 minutes of play. He averages 18 points and 6 assists per game, and is a starter at point guard. Seth could easily be heading in that same direction. We are fortunate to have him on our team.
    AMEN!!!!

I went over to RBC center in 2008, for a regional games on a Sat or Sun. I think Unc played... But I went to see Steph Curry play for Davidson vs Georgetown. Got excellent tickets on the club level, (i think thats what it was)... nice chairs, and you have a tv screen, so you can watch the game or another game... i was just there to STEPH CURRY watch. Davidson got the Win!!! Several of the Curry family, aunts, uncles and cousins, were sitting beside me!! We had a CURRY Fan Club going on during 2008. Steph was LIGHTS out at the RBC center.

And I must admit, when Duke played Davidson 2008/09 season.... I really was Curry watching... YOU have to admire a great player like Steph Curry. I see Seth Curry duplicating the Curry men. So glad, Seth wasnt recruited for another school. and transferred to Duke!!! He is so classy, as his family is also. What a blessing to have such talent and a player getting better and better and improving their stock for the next level.

Put a Lil CURRY on that please!!!

And as always,
    Go Duke!

Seth was not in top 100 in the Recruiting Services Consensus Index.

http://home.roadrunner.com/~rsci/RSC...Final_2008.htm

http://rscihoops.com/