View Poll Results: How confident are you in Duke's overall future?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 (very confident)

30 52.63%

16 28.07%

8 14.04%

2 3.51%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1 (no confidence)

1 1.75%

Fan Confidence Poll - February 14, 2011

Record last week: 2-0 (2/9: 79-73W vs. UNC; 2/13: 81-71W @ MIA)
    Season Record: 23-2 (10-1; 1.5 games up)
    Schedule this week: 2/16 @ UVA; 2/20 vs. GT

Top stories from last week:
    - landed a verbal commitment from 2012 small forward Alex Murphy (#15 on ESPN's Super 60)
    - landed a verbal commitment from 2012 shooting guard Rasheed Sulaimon (#18 on ESPN's Super 60)

Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. Thanks in advance for voting.

Given the team's current roster construction, recruiting situation, coaching, etc., how confident are you in Duke's future, both this season and beyond?

A few more helpings of Curry and I'll probably bump my vote up a notch.

Can you be more specific, please? Do you mean
    a. Duke University
    b. Duke Athletics
    c. Duke Basketball
    d. Duke Men's Basketball
    e. This year's edition of the Men's Basketball Team
    f. other
    The Gordog

I rated them a 10 last week, and this week!

CONFIDENCE!!! (just like in SOUND of MUSIC).

I BELIEVE!!

Duke won big this past week! Sent the Tar Heels back to Chapel Thrill, and went into Hurricane Land, and calmed that storm!! (I have been to Miami for games)... their students and fans show up for the Duke game!! And the fans, are very cordial there also, or at least to me they were.

Duke scores 10 with me!! Happy Valentines Day!

10 last week but a 9 this week. I am concerned about the amount of playing time with Nolan. Seth is really becoming our #3 which I love. Plumlee's still worry me.

The cast coming off is encouraging...getting Kyrie playing again would have my confidence off the chart.

Thanks for the vote of no confidence, Kong! That actually made my day.

I elevated my personal status form 7 to an 8 since the last one of these. Seth has scored 51 points the last 3 games and Mason has scored in double digits in 3/4 games. If we get Andre hitting over 50% on 3s the rest of the way, I'll go to a 9.

With no personal disrespect to anyone, I don't get the point of these polls. If we really are talking about "Duke's overall future," how could anyone vote anything other than a 10 (kong perhaps excepted)?
    We have the best current coach in the game (quite possibly any game), operating very, very close to his ceiling and winning still further accolades with a broader cross-section of the sport during the offseason.
    We won a title last season, and are very much in the mix this season.
    We have one of the two or three best recruiting classes coming in next fall, with a very good one shaping up for the year after that.
    We have a coaching staff and overall program staff that seems to be absolutely locked in together on the program's goals and overall philosophy.
    We still play our home games in the premiere venue in college basketball, with the best fans one can find anywhere in any sport, who are very unlikely to slip anytime soon.

What exactly is the thrust of this question? I voted a 10, will continue to do so, and just don't see the point of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gordog View Post
    Can you be more specific, please? Do you mean
    a. Duke University
    b. Duke Athletics
    c. Duke Basketball
    d. Duke Men's Basketball
    e. This year's edition of the Men's Basketball Team
    f. other
    We're talking Duke men's basketball. And you can interpret and vote on it's "overall future" any way you want.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    With no personal disrespect to anyone, I don't get the point of these polls. If we really are talking about "Duke's overall future," how could anyone vote anything other than a 10 (kong perhaps excepted)?
    We have the best current coach in the game (quite possibly any game), operating very, very close to his ceiling and winning still further accolades with a broader cross-section of the sport during the offseason.
    We won a title last season, and are very much in the mix this season.
    We have one of the two or three best recruiting classes coming in next fall, with a very good one shaping up for the year after that.
    We have a coaching staff and overall program staff that seems to be absolutely locked in together on the program's goals and overall philosophy.
    We still play our home games in the premiere venue in college basketball, with the best fans one can find anywhere in any sport, who are very unlikely to slip anytime soon.

What exactly is the thrust of this question? I voted a 10, will continue to do so, and just don't see the point of this thread.
    And it's fine to vote a 10 for all the reasons you identified. But some may be more focused on this season, for example, and may have a more sour view because of perceived shortcomings.

It's all open to interpretation, I know that. Just figured it was something fun to look on a weekly basis going forward.