Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Faison1 View Post
    That kid has success written all over him....
    That doesn't Impress me. I'm not a fan of tattoos.(;

Quote Originally Posted by rotogod00 View Post
    Dave Telep's comparison of Sulaimon to Nolan Smith:

"Rasheed Sulaimon (Houston, Texas/Strake Jesuit) is the highest-rated and only committed guard of the trio. He's going to Duke where he'll undoubtedly draw comparisons with Nolan Smith. A much better shooter than Smith at the same stage, Sulaimon isn't as accomplished a driver as Smith but both are good passers. Sulaimon is more naturally wired to score than his predecessor."
    I wonder how his on-ball defense will stack up with Nolan. As impressive as Nolan's scoring exploits were his final two seasons at Duke, his apply constant pressure to the ball for close to 40 minutes a night while staying out of foul trouble was equally impressive and instrumental to the success of the 2009-2011 Duke teams. It was literally Nolan or no one guarding the ball in 2009-2010. At any rate, if Sulaimon has as successful a Duke career as Nolan Smith, Duke fans will be very, very happy campers!

Rasheed positive about bringing in other top recruits

Rasheed commented on twitter today about bringing Tony Parker and Rodney Purvis/Shabazz with him next year. Quote below:

JayJayESPNRise Jason Jordan
    My man @sheed_01 tells me that: "Next summer @tonyparker32 & either @rpurvis_44 or @phenom15balla will be w/ me @ Duke." #toprecruiter

http://bluedevilnation.net/2011/06/r...ary-entry-one/ First entry of Rasheed Sulaimon diary here. It'll get better as he goes along.

Quote Originally Posted by watzone View Post
    http://bluedevilnation.net/2011/06/r...ary-entry-one/ First entry of Rasheed Sulaimon diary here. It'll get better as he goes along.
    Thanks, Watzone. If it's going to get better, I'm excited. This first entry is short, but it's clear and fairly interesting--especially given it was written by a teenage boy.

Quote Originally Posted by gwlaw99 View Post
    All we need is a nickname other than 'Sheed.
    Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Could he be "Good 'Sheed?"

Of course the double entendre would only refer to medicinal substances properly obtained with a valid prescription.
    Quote Originally Posted by theAlaskanBear View Post
    I like the earlier post: Suleiman the Magnificent. We could call him Sultan or Pasha, sor simply "Rash" (pronounced Rosh) or "Sully".
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluedevil114 View Post
    RAS-TA-MON
    SUSHI (Susheed)
    Chop Sushi

Who Sheed (song by Baby Boy da Prince)

Remember "To the windows to Loul (Lu-Wall)"
    Quote Originally Posted by darjum View Post
    Scholastic Sheed (Duke) vs Slapdash Sheed (Heels)
    Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    Look - in the sky! It's a bird. It's a plane. No it's Sulaimon!
    Quote Originally Posted by wilko View Post
    So after a fab play could we (or maybe just me) go with "Holy Sheed!" as in the expletive use.

Its not like I'm not gonna say something similar anyway... however, I don't want to blatantly disrespect the young man.
    I realize this is a fan forum/discussion board and we are in the "off season" but as much as we complain about "the black falcon" down the road, perhaps we should temper or cease our desires/discussions for nicknames for our recruits...
    Last edited by devildeac; 06-26-2011 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    Thanks, Watzone. If it's going to get better, I'm excited. This first entry is short, but it's clear and fairly interesting--especially given it was written by a teenage boy.
    Just remember, that teenage boy was an attendee of the Duke TIP program several years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I realize this is a fan forum/discussion board and we are in the "off season" but as much as we complain about "the black falcon" down the road, perhaps we should temper or cease our desires/discussions for nicknames for our recruits...
    No. We all agree that it's ok for us to give players nicknames. Just not ok for them to give nicknames to themselves.

Each member of this board could proffer 100 suggestions and STILL we could not come up with a proposal as lame or derivative as "The Black Falcon."

HB deserves every lick of criticism for mugging that moniker.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Each member of this board could proffer 100 suggestions and STILL we could not come up with a proposal as lame or derivative as "The Black Falcon."

HB deserves every lick of criticism for mugging that moniker.
    My point was in no way meant to construe a defense of that nickname (Shoot, I actually prefer The Black Pigeon that, IIRC, was originated by moonpie.) that I likewise despise, along with his theatrics recounted (discounted?) in the SI/Austin thread. It was merely intended as a caution to our fanbase/readers about appearances of hypocritical behavior with this particular issue.

Quote Originally Posted by COYS View Post
    I wonder how his on-ball defense will stack up with Nolan. As impressive as Nolan's scoring exploits were his final two seasons at Duke, his apply constant pressure to the ball for close to 40 minutes a night while staying out of foul trouble was equally impressive and instrumental to the success of the 2009-2011 Duke teams. It was literally Nolan or no one guarding the ball in 2009-2010. At any rate, if Sulaimon has as successful a Duke career as Nolan Smith, Duke fans will be very, very happy campers!
    Here is a little write up (bottom of the page) Rasheed was one of the best defenders at the Deron Williams camp.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recru...ory?id=6708421

Sulaimon the Magnificent!

Here's a possibility for a nickname.

Front Page..

Rasheed is on the front page of mens basketball recruiting

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/recruiting/

Same story as above but it's nice to get front page billing

Quote Originally Posted by BigWil06 View Post
    Rasheed is on the front page of mens basketball recruiting

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/recruiting/

Same story as above but it's nice to get front page billing
    Right now that link leads to a front page with Julius Randle. I'd take him too.

I like "Sultan of sWing", but only if we're in dire straits.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukeface88 View Post
    It's a good thing he's not interested in money for nothing. He would have ended up at Kentucky.

Quote Originally Posted by mph View Post
    It's a good thing he's not interested in money for nothing. He would have ended up at Kentucky.
    But now he can have K teach him tricks for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukeface88 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mph View Post
    And if this leads to the anticipated pun-fest, I might get a blister on my little finger, maybe get a blister on my thumb.

And if this leads to the anticipated pun-fest, I might get a blister on my little finger, maybe get a blister on my thumb.
    I'll beed 6 hamburgers, scotch all night and nicotine for breakfast just to put me right.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."