View Poll Results: Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 79-73 win over UNC in Cameron tonight?

Voters
231. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kyle Singler

1 0.43%
  • Nolan Smith

159 68.83%
  • Mason Plumlee

0 0%
  • Ryan Kelly

1 0.43%
  • Tyler Thornton

0 0%
  • Seth Curry

70 30.30%
  • Andre Dawkins

0 0%
  • Miles Plumlee

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MOTM: Duke vs. UNC (Feb 9, 2011)

Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 79-73 win over UNC in Cameron tonight?
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Nolan's numbers were superb, but it was Curry's run midway through the 2nd half that was the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by rotogod00 View Post
    Nolan's numbers were superb, but it was Curry's run midway through the 2nd half that was the difference.
    what he say.

Seth was great but we would not have won the game without Nolan Smith

Nolan's the man but without Seth's spurt we would have been hurting big time.

I want to say Curry. He was huge in the 2nd half, a huge lift. But Nolan had 34 pts on 13-23 shooting, and was a steady scoring presence all night, keeping us in the game, and then helping us hold on.

I can't in good conscience not pick someone who put up 34 points. Nolan Smith is MOTM.

Each game we need a 3rd player to step up and be a scorer. Tonight it was Seth Curry. He took the game over for a huge chunk of the 2nd half and earned my MOTM vote.
    Bob Green

Seth Smith or Nolan Curry. Too close to call.

Glad at least two players showed up tonight. Nolan gets the nod by an eyelash.

Nolan played great, but Seth was the spark behind the comeback.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Seth Smith or Nolan Curry. Too close to call.
    You beat me to it. Same answer.

Curry had some very good looks because of the attention they were putting on singler...and he hit them....motm, smith without a doubt....he carried the mail all night....

Seth or Nolan?

I voted for Nolan, but as Bob said, we need a 3rd scorer every game and tonight it was Seth in a big way. I hope he builds on this game and is that 3rd scorer. Did not see any of the first half as I was at the hospital. Wife's grandmother had a serious heart attack and may not make it. Had to keep my priorities in order. Say a prayer for her. Go Duke!

Nolan would not let us lose and Seth was just behind in that. Don't let Kyle's bad shooting fool you either--his defense in the 2nd half on Harry was huge.

I think most of us would like to split it tonight, but since we can't, I voted for Seth. Nolan had a career night and was critical throughout the game, but when you need to make a 14 point comeback, it takes some tough shots to fall. Seth made four or five jumpers off of the dribble, which is so hard to do. He was the biggest part of the run that gave us the lead and was crucial in a game where Kyle couldn't get much scoring.

Voted for Smith - but props to Curry as well - couldn't we do a "three stars of the game" sort of thing? Doesn't seem like just one should be honored...

Seth Curry's hotness aside, I will remember this as the Nolan Smith game. He controlled every aspect of the second half when Duke had the ball. I think he's the best player in the country, and tonight was a signature performance.

I'm going to miss Nolan so much next year....
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Everyone is saying "Seth or Nolan?" and I agree they were the MOTM...

...but the unsung hero of tonight's win was Miles Plumlee's defense. He was often the only guy over 6-7 for Duke who was really competing and he at least contested a lot of those easy looks Carolina was getting.

We clearly do not win without Nolan and Seth tonight... but I think we would not have won without Miles' D either.

-Jason "I voted for Seth" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Can I vote for Nolan, like 34 times?
    "Just be you. You is Enough."

Tough call. Would have loved to vote for Seth. He was amazing. But Nolan played like the best player in the country, and refused to lose to Carolina in his senior year at Cameron. He gets my vote.