Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Alex Murphy to Duke!

Last edited by DevilHorns; 02-07-2011 at 12:12 PM.

welcome to Duke, ALEX.......!!!!
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Nice! Can anyone offer a general breakdown of strengths/weaknesses between Murphy and Muhammad? Sorry not really as familiar with 2012 except rankings

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    welcome to Duke, ALEX.......!!!!
    Described as a combination of Singler and Dunleavy? Welcome, indeed!

Fantastic news!! Great to hear. He seems like he will be a great addition to the Duke program and will have a great experience at Duke.

What a nice surprise!

From Jan. 20:

AlexMurphy5 Alex Murphy
    Been talkin' to my main man @phenom15balla a lot. Bout to take this thing to the next level! Love you bro
    Can't read too much into it, BUT...

Also, from Feb. 1, demonstrates good taste:

AlexMurphy5 Alex Murphy
    I love Natalie Portman

Quote Originally Posted by Starter View Post
    Also, from Feb. 1, demonstrates good taste:
    Guess he's the home wrecker type then! Well at last this means he'll be wrecking homes 8 miles down the road!
    1200. DDMF.

Dunleavy leaves, in comes Singler. Singler graduates in comes Murphy. Let's keep the momentum going!

Hopefully this is the beginning of a great week for the Blue Devils. Welcome Alex!

Excellent news! I really like his versatility and think he'll make a great addition to the team. I also really like the positive recruiting momentum this starts for the 2012 class, especially with Rasheed Sulaimon coming to campus in two days. Having a top 15 player already committed makes the sales pitch all the easier.

Wow. Chatter was all about Sulaimon this week. This came out of nowhere. I was expecting Murphy to wait until August.

Was anyone expecting this right now!??

Quote Originally Posted by 1 24 90 View Post
    Hopefully this is the beginning of a great week for the Blue Devils. Welcome Alex!
    Yep, and with Sulaimon coming in for UNC the recruiting side of it could get even better. Now lets take care of carolina!

WOW!!!!

Awesome News. This guy seems like such a Duke player, with his skill set and attitude.

My only concern is that we overdo the Dunleavy/Singler comparisons, let us let him be himself, you know, ROBOCOP!

There's excitement on the hill too! Wear leaves, another Wear leaves, Graves leaves, little Zeller says NO!, LD II leaves. I guess you could say they're coming and going on Tobacco Road. Glad they're coming to Durham and leaving the hill at a furious pace.

Talking Welcome to Duke

Welcome to Duke, Alex Murphy! We can't wait to see you in uniform. A terrific move by you, I predict.

sagegrouse

Fantastic news! Love this kid already!

Welcome to Duke, Alex!

Just saw on Twitter that EvanDaniels of Scout mentions something about Murphy coming early. Is he a re-classifier? Or is he thinking of pulling an Andre and knocking out senior english next summer? The article's premium on Scout. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    Just saw on Twitter that EvanDaniels of Scout mentions something about Murphy coming early. Is he a re-classifier? Or is he thinking of pulling an Andre and knocking out senior english next summer? The article's premium on Scout. Wow.
    There has been talk about Murphy reclassifying and coming to school a year early but nothing definitive yet and it has largely just been fans spreading rumors.

Recall also that Duke's perimeter is going to be sorta crowded next year. Nolan departure will open up minutes and Singler gets time as the SF instead of the PF, but with Cook, Rivers, and Gbinije being added to the mix along with holdovers TT, 'Dre, and Seth there is not a huge need for another wing right away.

--Jason "wonderful news on Murphy -- now I hope Sulaimon has fun this week and joins the parade of 5-star recruits to Durham!" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

Recall also that Duke's perimeter is going to be sorta crowded next year. Nolan departure will open up minutes and Singler gets time as the SF instead of the PF, but with Cook, Rivers, and Gbinije being added to the mix along with holdovers TT, 'Dre, and Seth there is not a huge need for another wing right away.
    singler is playing next year ?
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    There has been talk about Murphy reclassifying and coming to school a year early but nothing definitive yet and it has largely just been fans spreading rumors.

--Jason "wonderful news on Murphy -- now I hope Sulaimon has fun this week and joins the parade of 5-star recruits to Durham!" Evans
    Another year, eh? Outstanding

Great news, looking forward to seeing this guy crush it.