Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yea, FSU was not that much into it today it appeared.

BUT I do want to give Marshall his due, the kid played a GREAT game. I hope our boys do not take them lightly (Highly Doubtful).

Probably the best game UNC has played since the NC title game in 09.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincetaylor View Post
    Too bad we can't play you guys at full strength. It's a very even match up without Kyrie, but I would love to watch him abuse Marshall.
    We are not at full strength either, we lost Drew II.

Quote Originally Posted by kong123 View Post
    Ha. Touche. Sadly, UNC may be Duke's only chance for a signature win this year with the collapses of MSU, Kansas State, and Butler. I don't care what they were ranked when we played them, those rankings were based on pre-season hype. This is a really, really big game Wednesday for both teams.

Actually these teams are very close- a Kyrie-less Duke and the current Heels. It is very hard to gauge how good either team is right now as the ACC is really bad- well inexperienced. But both teams are legit National contenders in my opinion. Duke and UNC have blown out several teams in the last couple games. I would say this game on Wed is a toss up and likely will come down to who manages the pressure. It will come down to free throws and turnovers.

disagree

kong i'm afraid i have to disagree about the Nolan - Kendall thing. Here's the truth, carolina is not winning any championship this year and Marshall while a good assist man is not what we need. Those assists will go away Wed. night, yes he is a very good assist man but he is a touch slow and that will mean he will have to guard either Nolan or Seth for most of the game, he can't do that. I'm expecting a really good game from carolina but i think Duke is to skilled for them, for some reason Fl. St. went into a coma today, they were on the road and it showed.

Quote Originally Posted by verga View Post
    kong i'm afraid i have to disagree about the Nolan - Kendall thing. Here's the truth, carolina is not winning any championship this year and Marshall while a good assist man is not what we need. Those assists will go away Wed. night, yes he is a very good assist man but he is a touch slow and that will mean he will have to guard either Nolan or Seth for most of the game, he can't do that. I'm expecting a really good game from carolina but i think Duke is to skilled for them, for some reason Fl. St. went into a coma today, they were on the road and it showed.
    he may not be able to guard Nolan, but I am sure Dexter Strickland will draw that assignment anyway. Seth hasn't really shown me anything in terms of being a blow by offensive player. I am not sure how tall Marshall is, and it is possible that if he lands up on Dawkins that Dawkins will have a good height advantage.
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    FSU is not a good road team. But Carolina is looking good and will by far be the best team Duke has faced in a long time.
    St. Johns played pretty darn well against duke...
    April 1

Cool

I believe that's called "addition by subtraction."

Hold up just a minute...

Actually these teams are very close- a Kyrie-less Duke and the current Heels. It is very hard to gauge how good either team is right now as the ACC is really bad- well inexperienced. But both teams are legit National contenders in my opinion. Duke and UNC have blown out several teams in the last couple games. I would say this game on Wed is a toss up and likely will come down to who manages the pressure. It will come down to free throws and turnovers.
    While I respect your opinions, I think saying that UNC is a national title contender is taking it a little bit too far. It is still too early to think that IMO. Granted, Carolina has been playing much better lately and it looks like HB has found a little groove; and Marshall has looked good the last few games. Saying that, I think it's too early to think that UNC is a national title contender. Personally, I think if the game is close on Wednesday, it is not because Carolina is this really good team but rather because it is "the" rivalry game for both teams. HB is still primarily a jump shooter in Carolina's offense. If Duke comes to play with its stout defense and good shooting ability, I think Duke blows out Carolina at CIS and beats them by at least 15-20 points. I think Duke simply has more firepower than UNC this year.

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    I believe that's called "addition by subtraction."
    I think it is called having a good sense of humor...

Too bad we can't play you guys at full strength. It's a very even match up without Kyrie, but I would love to watch him abuse Marshall.
    Off topic, but it would have been nice for Carolina to have played the '09 ACC Tournament at full strength, too, but alas...

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Remember how much they don't like the ACCT, too. Unless, of course, they win it.
    Of course... this is also true.

Thank goodness ol' roy is still at their helm and we have Coach K. Saw his daughter Debbie at the game. That's the best news we could have.

Yup

FSU is not a good road team. But Carolina is looking good and will by far be the best team Duke has faced in a long time.
    While the loss in Tallahassee is probably still etched in our minds, FSU lost @ Clemson 62-44 one week ago. It simply may be that there are no good road teams in the ACC, but no matter what I'm really looking forward to Wednesday's game.

Ha. Touche. Sadly, UNC may be Duke's only chance for a signature win this year with the collapses of MSU, Kansas State, and Butler. I don't care what they were ranked when we played them, those rankings were based on pre-season hype. This is a really, really big game Wednesday for both teams.
    And the Wears.

Height

Quote Originally Posted by Channing View Post
    he may not be able to guard Nolan, but I am sure Dexter Strickland will draw that assignment anyway. Seth hasn't really shown me anything in terms of being a blow by offensive player. I am not sure how tall Marshall is, and it is possible that if he lands up on Dawkins that Dawkins will have a good height advantage.
    I heard Strickland was 6'3"