Page 44 of 90 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Davis

Quote Originally Posted by MIKESJ73 View Post
    I don't know much about twitter but it looks like about the same time Seth Davis said that he would be shocked if Kyrie ever plays for Duke again, I may be misinterpretting it though...

I'll be shocked if he ever plays for Duke again RT @JessIsBest4You: Rumor has it Kyrie Irving may make his return this week. Is he 1 & done?
    about 21 hours ago via TweetDeck
    Pretty sure Davis told us in 2001 that Jason Williams would not return for his sophomore year, so I think this tweet is good news. At least I choose to look at it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    But I agree with your sentiment that the "legend of Kyrie" paints our squad as better with Kyrie than we actually were.
    Coach K would tend to disagree with you. He described our perimeter before kyrie got hurt as (after he thought about it for a second) "unguardable"
    April 1

Now this makes sense!

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    As I said before: you don't say he's done for the season unless you know FOR SURE that he's done for the season. If (purely for example) there's a 10% chance he comes back, you don't say he's done for the season. You just say you don't expect him to return.

The fact that no one has said "he's done for the season" isn't proof that he's coming back. It is just proof that they don't know for sure if he's done for the season or not. The probability that he returns could be (roughly) anywhere between 1% and 99% (since they've also not said he's definitely coming back). All we know is that:
    1. he's not definitely done for the season; and
    2. he's not definitely coming back this season.

Nothing else can be logically gleaned from the absence of a statement that "he's done for the season" or that "he's coming back."
    I agree with CDu and I go back to what Kyrie's dad said about KI must be 100% in order to come back. I have to believe that Kyrie's improving but not at 100% right now. So why should Coach K let the other ACC coaches prepare for Duke with or without KI? I hope he comes back but if he doesn't Duke will still be good. We have not peaked yet and that's a good thing. Now that I'm over my meltdown after the VT game, I'll sit back and enjoy the rest of this season. Go Duke!

Talking Not in the NCAAs?

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    I don't agree with this. We beat Michigan State by five points at home. We beat Marquette by five on a neutral court. We struggled mightily against Butler. None of these teams are likely to make the tournament. We were a better team with Kyrie, but by no means unbeatable.
    I have Butler and Marquette in my 68-team bracket, and Michigan State is close.

37 at-large selections put a lot of team in play for the tournament.

sagegrouse

Cool Point blank

If he were out for the remainder of the season, coach k would've said he'd be out for the remainder of the season. If you notice closely, it appears that kyrie is starting to slowly work his way into warm up clothing. See last game... But if any of us are to think that this one kid will transform our team and make us unstoppable at this point we are fools... He will make us a lot better coming off the bench and contributing but i would think kyle singlers jump shot and the plumlees ability to be strong down low and contribute with points and andre dawkins making shots when he comes in would be the biggest issue for us being a better team at this point.... It will be interesting to see if coach k, wojo and collins all grasp their chins with the crevice between their thumbs and index fingers and ponder...should we put kyrie in? When they see him on the bench vs carolina.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
    If he were out for the remainder of the season, coach k would've said he'd be out for the remainder of the season. If you notice closely, it appears that kyrie is starting to slowly work his way into warm up clothing. See last game... But if any of us are to think that this one kid will transform our team and make us unstoppable at this point we are fools... He will make us a lot better coming off the bench and contributing but i would think kyle singlers jump shot and the plumlees ability to be strong down low and contribute with points and andre dawkins making shots when he comes in would be the biggest issue for us being a better team at this point.... It will be interesting to see if coach k, wojo and collins all grasp their chins with the crevice between their thumbs and index fingers and ponder...should we put kyrie in? When they see him on the bench vs carolina.
    He has gone back and forth between different clothes. At the temple game he was in slacks and a button down shirt. Don't put any weight on what clothes he's wearing...
    April 1

http://www.statefansnation.com/index...rving-returns/

This is not exactly a credible source, but it is some fuel for the optoemists out there.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    Coach K would tend to disagree with you. He described our perimeter before kyrie got hurt as (after he thought about it for a second) "unguardable"
    That is not inconsistent with my statement, and I have already said we were the best team in the country with him. What I was referring to when I said his legend has made the team seem better than it really was, were statements like "we were 10+ points better than anybody else in the country on a neutral court."

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    He has gone back and forth between different clothes. At the temple game he was in slacks and a button down shirt. Don't put any weight on what clothes he's wearing...
    I am pretty sure at home games he is dressed up and away games he is in sweats.

Talking Quote Appealing to Prurient Interests?

Quote Originally Posted by gcashwell View Post

This is not exactly a credible source, but it is some fuel for the optoemists out there.
    Here's the relevant quote from the State Fans Blog--

* I have it on very good authority that Duke’s best player from November/December (given that Nolan Smith is a shoe-in for POY, how f-ing scary is that?), Kyrie Irving, will definitely play in Saturday night’s showdown in Chapel Hill. Irving might even play a few minutes tonight. Irving’s return (even for 15-20 minutes per game) would make Duke a legitimate Final Four contender again. That would be a small bit of face-saving for the conference.
    Ozzie may need smelling salts after reading this one.

sagegrouse

Most blogs are not worth the paper they are printed on.

Sounds good in theory, but you're right about credibility. Didn't Airowe (a VERY credible source) say earlier on this thread that Kyrie would not play before Greensboro, if then?

Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    Sounds good in theory, but you're right about credibility. Didn't Airowe (a VERY credible source) say earlier on this thread that Kyrie would not play before Greensboro, if then?
    Also, I know Kyrie had a workout this morning. I highly doubt the team works out on game days if they are going to play.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    Pretty sure Davis told us in 2001 that Jason Williams would not return for his sophomore year, so I think this tweet is good news. At least I choose to look at it that way.
    2001? Davis isn't that bad of a journalist that he would have said Williams wasn't coming back for his sophomore season a year after the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    That is not inconsistent with my statement, and I have already said we were the best team in the country with him. What I was referring to when I said his legend has made the team seem better than it really was, were statements like "we were 10+ points better than anybody else in the country on a neutral court."
    That's fair. I think by this point in the season, though, if kyrie were healthy, we could very well have been 10+ points better, from what K said. The guys were still getting to know eachother at the time. There's no doubt in my mind, though, that we are a phenomenal team
    April 1

Oooppss

Quote Originally Posted by gus View Post
    2001? Davis isn't that bad of a journalist that he would have said Williams wasn't coming back for his sophomore season a year after the fact.
    my bad. Junior year. You're right: he's not that bad, but he does predict things without acknowledging his own uncertainty. Most of the sports pundits do this, of course. Just means that you should take what they write or say with a few grains of salt.

Also, I know Kyrie had a workout this morning. I highly doubt the team works out on game days if they are going to play.
    I saw several members of the team around cameron this morning, I don't think its unlikely that they might have had a game walkthrough/shoot around.

With respect to Airowe's comments, its still all very fluin in terms of timetable (as we've been told from the beginning) so I don't think its absurd to think it could change from a day to day basis. For my part I had heard ACCT from an insider-ish source, but that was a week ago. So again, I don't think it impossible for him to be ready saturday, or that he might play tonight
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by gus View Post
    Maybe he just wanted to reassure the world that Williams had in fact completed his coursework and would not be back as an academic sophomore in his 3rd year of eligibility.

No credible source for this, hopefully I don't get docked for rumormongering haha.

There has been a whisper up and down the Clemson line today that Kyrie will make an appearance tonight.

I have no facts to back this up - it's just what is passing through the Crazies right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cell-R View Post
    No credible source for this, hopefully I don't get docked for rumormongering haha.

There has been a whisper up and down the Clemson line today that Kyrie will make an appearance tonight.

I have no facts to back this up - it's just what is passing through the Crazies right now.
    Most likely because of the NCST blog post. Feelings among crazies in line is definitely not a bad thing to post, as long as you're clear about what you're hearing, its always cool to hear what the whispers in the hive mind are.
    April 1