Page 1 of 90 1231151 ... LastLast

The Kyrie Irving Toe Rehab Vigil

Mods: The current thread has gotten so long it is very difficult to search through the chaff to find new info. Could we create a new thread now that the cast is off and rehab is starting?

Kyrie's contributions last 2 months

Apologize if this has been linked already, but the Kyrie thread has gotten so long it is hard to find what is current. This article was published in fayobserver yesterday. Good article on what Kyrie has meant to the team even while on the bench.
    http://www.fayobserver.com/articles/...68562?sac=Home

Quote Originally Posted by bluepenguin View Post
    Apologize if this has been linked already, but the Kyrie thread has gotten so long it is hard to find what is current. This article was published in fayobserver yesterday. Good article on what Kyrie has meant to the team even while on the bench.
    http://www.fayobserver.com/articles/...68562?sac=Home
    Agreed. Toe, Phase II.

Good article, btw. What a solid kid. Proud to call him a Blue Devil, regardless of whether he gets to play again or not. Proud to be associated in any way.

Having said that -- HEAL TOE!!

Kyrie took a shot

A friend of mine is at the game today and said that Kyrie took a shot and Cameron went nuts. Obviously this has nothing to do with his rehab just thought I would pass it on.

Quote Originally Posted by NashvilleDevil View Post
    A friend of mine is at the game today and said that Kyrie took a shot and Cameron went nuts. Obviously this has nothing to do with his rehab just thought I would pass it on.
    did he make it?
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    did he make it?
    Of course he did!

Everything I read about Kyrie makes me like that kid more and more.

Whether Kyrie makes it back to playing this year or not; whether he decides to return next year or not, he's represented this University in the most admirable way imaginable, both on court and off.

Quote Originally Posted by davekay1971 View Post
    Of course he did!

Everything I read about Kyrie makes me like that kid more and more.

Whether Kyrie makes it back to playing this year or not; whether he decides to return next year or not, he's represented this University in the most admirable way imaginable, both on court and off.
    Agreed. If he ends up one-and-done (and I hope not), he definitely unpacked his bags.

http://bluedevilnation.net/2011/02/c...rvings-status/ K's comments on KI's toe situation.

So if he is not going to be back in 3 weeks as K said, I can only assume it will be 4.

The City of Brotherly Love except when it's cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by watzone View Post
    http://bluedevilnation.net/2011/02/c...rvings-status/ K's comments on KI's toe situation.
    Coach K: "We’ve been straight forward with this from the very beginning and it’s not going to be some miraculous thing where it heals in three weeks. That’s not going to happen, believe me.”

Well it's been 8 weeks already so I presume he means not 3 weeks from now. Who can be sure? We'll just have to wait and see.

So 3 weeks is the VT game so we can expect him back by the Clemson game or the unc game at the latest.

Coach Krzyzewski made a point to emphasize that Duke isn’t hiding anything. “I don’t tell you [media] everything but we don’t hide an injury. We’ve been straight forward with this from the very beginning and it’s not going to be some miraculous thing where it heals in three weeks. That’s not going to happen, believe me.”
    Well this does tend to put my February 20th date in doubt, especially since 3 weeks from Feb. 5th is Feb 26th. But what the heck. As Al Michaels once asked, "Do you believe in miracles?" Yes I do! Heal toe, heal!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Well this does tend to put my February 20th date in doubt, especially since 3 weeks from Feb. 5th is Feb 26th. But what the heck. As Al Michaels once asked, "Do you believe in miracles?" Yes I do! Heal toe, heal!
    And there was the "op-toe-mistic" chant in the 2nd half.

Quote Originally Posted by NashvilleDevil View Post
    I don't think he actually shot the ball. We cheered for him to... He acted like he was about to but then he passed it off and shook his head. Had a huge smile on his face though

Quote Originally Posted by Cell-R View Post
    I don't think he actually shot the ball. We cheered for him to... He acted like he was about to but then he passed it off and shook his head. Had a huge smile on his face though
    He shoots in practice. Even last week with the cast still on.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

I think Coach K should have Kyrie suit up for the UNC game just to see the panic on Ole Roy's face.

I have really tried to stay positive (I refuse to use the word op toe mistic) through this whole thing, but I'm starting to believe we should accept the fact he won't be back. At least not this year. I hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    He shoots in practice. Even last week with the cast still on.
    Yeah, I know he shoots at practice - but he didn't shoot at the game last night like the original poster said.

When/if he plays again this season they'll probably have him suit up under his sweats, and then dramatically take the sweats off at an opportune moment. OK, well I never denied being a dreamer!

Kyrie tweeted that he Nolan are getting in an early morning workout. Now I know that's not huge news but I wanted to bump this thread back to the first page.