Page 53 of 90 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1785
    Quote Originally Posted by thewoosh31 View Post
    well i can tell you that it's legit. i've seen my friends use it on facebook many times. and if you haven't, you can start using it and spread the gospel of amazeballs.

For example, the way that Kryie splits defenders and slashes to the basket is 'amazeballs'.
    Thanks - after reading 52 pages and over 1000 posts in this thread I actually learned something

Quote Originally Posted by thewoosh31 View Post
    well i can tell you that it's legit. i've seen my friends use it on facebook many times. and if you haven't, you can start using it and spread the gospel of amazeballs.

For example, the way that Kryie splits defenders and slashes to the basket is 'amazeballs'.
    I don't doubt that it's really being used by the young'uns these days.
    However, it's absurdly dumb.
    Under no circumstances will I deploy that word in any context.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I don't doubt that it's really being used by the young'uns these days.
    However, it's absurdly dumb.
    Under no circumstances will I deploy that word in any context.
    Haha, sorry that it doesn't meet your standards. To each his/her own.

Let's get the thread back on topic instead of debating the worthiness of this word, shall we?

Austin Rivers thinks Kyrie is about 50/50

Interesting excerpt from an interview with Austin Rivers...

Q: I bet you wouldn’t mind playing with Kyrie Irving next year, would you? What do you know about his future plans at Duke?

A: He has a lot on his mind. I think he’s probably 50/50 right now about leaving, but if he does go, he’ll go high (in the draft). I sure would love to play with him. If Kyrie does leave, I’ll probably play a little bit at both (guard positions) when I get there. Quinn (Cook) will mostly play the point, and sometimes I might be kind of an aggressive point (guard).

Full article: http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-bas...#ixzz1FahAzn9z

Quote Originally Posted by mpholt View Post
    "He has a lot on his mind. I think he’s probably 50/50 right now about leaving"
    If that's true, that's better than I had hoped.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    If that's true, that's better than I had hoped.
    Two things: first, if that is his mentality on coming back, his playing the rest of the year could have huge implications on his return, as some of us have guessed.

Second, if he is 50/50 to return, and it is dependent on his return this year, it means we must have at least a 50/50 shot to come back this year!!!
    1200. DDMF.

Seth Davis would be shocked

If Kyrie plays another game for Duke.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...bag/index.html

"Still, based on everything I'm hearing, I would be shocked if Irving ever played another game for Duke. And yes, that includes next season. Part of the reason Kyrie is being so conservative in his rehab is that he wants to make sure he is in the best possible health for the NBA draft. If he comes back too early, it could jeopardize his options in June."

The possibility that a great kid who loves school, loves his coach, and loves his teammates might not return to help battle for a national championship due in significant part to thoughts about the NBA draft seems to be a sign that the one-and-done system is broken.

Suit up for UNC

I would love to see Kyrie suit up for UNC just to give Ol' Roy and his boys an "oh, no" feeling before the game and keep them guessing when/if he is coming in the game. Admit it, their reaction could be very entertaining.

Like Kewlswim I am starting to get a little agitated at the Kyrie bashing that appears to be going on because he may be leaving after this year. I hope people realize that weather Kyrie played in all the games or in just 8 games that there was a very good chance that he was going to be leaving.

Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by NashvilleDevil View Post
    Like Kewlswim I am starting to get a little agitated at the Kyrie bashing that appears to be going on because he may be leaving after this year. I hope people realize that weather Kyrie played in all the games or in just 8 games that there was a very good chance that he was going to be leaving.
    The guy gave it his all this year. It's not his fault he's injured.

Honestly, if it was my son, I'd encourage him to shut it down for the season. Too much to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by NashvilleDevil View Post
    Who has been bashing Kyrie? I haven't read this entire thread but the tone I get is more of frustration and a sense of emptiness if Kyrie leaves. I think this is understandable considering the expectations were high, and rightfully so... it's frustrating! But anyone who blames Kyrie or can't understand that injuries happen randomly is just foolish. I think you might be confusing people's frustration (which is understandable) with bashing Kyrie (which is totally unacceptable).

Quote Originally Posted by Duke79UNLV77 View Post

The possibility that a great kid who loves school, loves his coach, and loves his teammates might not return to help battle for a national championship due in significant part to thoughts about the NBA draft seems to be a sign that the one-and-done system is broken.

What about the term 'one-and-done' ever suggested that something wasn't broken in this system?

Whatever happens, we can rest assured that both Kyrie and Duke have handled the circumstances the right way.
    "Just be you. You is Enough."

But also some good news...I'm now retiring my walking boot officially...back to regular sneakers lol...feels good!!! #thatisall

@kyrieirving
    Kyrie Irving
    But also some good news...I'm now retiring my walking boot officially...back to regular sneakers lol...feels good!!! #thatisall
    1 minute ago via Echofon Favorite Retweet Reply

Wow, that was fast. You guys left out his subsequent tweet though, where he talked about his new gold-plated Hummer and 12-figure shoe contract.

I mean listen, I'm still holding out hope here, for both this year and next. I haven't had my fill of Kyrie at Duke. I bought his jersey and I'm hoping for more time to wear it.

I have never bashed Kyrie. Whatever decision he makes will be in the best interests of HIS future not ours as Duke fans. I appreciate the 8 games we did have with him.

If Kyrie chooses to jump to the NBA of course I will follow his stats & cheer for him. I am not a fan of the NBA but will become a fan of whatever team picks Nolan.

EvanDanielscout Evan Daniels
    @ @kyrieirving How you feeling man? Getting better?
    28 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

kyrieirving Kyrie Irving
    @ @EvanDanielscout yea definitely...making a lot of Progress
    21 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Quote Originally Posted by sdotbarbee View Post
    EvanDanielscout Evan Daniels
    @ @kyrieirving How you feeling man? Getting better?
    28 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

kyrieirving Kyrie Irving
    @ @EvanDanielscout yea definitely...making a lot of Progress
    21 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
    Here we go again with the tweets and the endless speculation. This can be frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by dukebluesincebirth View Post
    Here we go again with the tweets and the endless speculation. This can be frustrating.
    I don't think there is anything wrong with putting up Kyrie's tweets. I think it would be pretty safe to say the boot is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by gcashwell View Post
    I don't think there is anything wrong with putting up Kyrie's tweets. I think it would be pretty safe to say the boot is gone.
    THE BOOT IS GONE

http://twitter.com/kyrieirving/status/43706125576704000