Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by acciconoclast View Post
    Bob Knight, who already has the red sweater, is humming: "Let's All Go to the Raleigh"
    Won't happen. He would not come in to coach against his protege who is not only in conference, but 15 miles down the road.

Also, I'm not sure that a program with as much pride as State would hire Knight. He's damaged goods. I think they go for the big names again, but then go for up and comers from smaller conferences.

oops. double.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiled_Devil View Post
    Won't happen. He would not come in to coach against his protege who is not only in conference, but 15 miles down the road.

Also, I'm not sure that a program with as much pride as State would hire Knight. He's damaged goods. I think they go for the big names again, but then go for up and comers from smaller conferences.
    I saw Knight coach Texas Tech at what I think was his last game - a second round tournament loss in Winston Salem. As I recall the outcome was in question up to the last few minutes and, having never seen Knight coach, I watched to see how he coached and/or exhorted the team. I was struck by how he watched the game slip away without calling a time-out or even yelling instructions to his players. I didn't expect him to throw a chair but he just sat there without saying a word to anyone which was not at all what I expected. When I heard that he retired shortly thereafter I thought Yeah, he's done.

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    I saw Knight coach Texas Tech at what I think was his last game - a second round tournament loss in Winston Salem. As I recall the outcome was in question up to the last few minutes and, having never seen Knight coach, I watched to see how he coached and/or exhorted the team. I was struck by how he watched the game slip away without calling a time-out or even yelling instructions to his players. I didn't expect him to throw a chair but he just sat there without saying a word to anyone which was not at all what I expected. When I heard that he retired shortly thereafter I thought Yeah, he's done.
    Coach Knight left mid-season.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3230737

State is a more desirable coaching position now?

The ACC round-up article on the front page mentions this. link
    I have heard the same thing on sports radio in Durham.

The State program has been on a slide since the day Lowe took over. How is it better now? The program is certainly not in a better state. They haven't made the Dance since Lowe was hired, after making it so many years in a row. Yet, I keep hearing that the coaching position is more desirable now than before. But can someone explain to me how the coaching position is more desirable now than it was when it was available last time? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by 94duke View Post
    oops it must have been mid-season the year after the tournament loss that I watched. Anyway,the article reinforces the impression I got that game from watching his demeanor that his heart really wasn't in coaching.

"He's ready," successor and son Pat Knight said during his weekly radio show. "He's tired."

"Today was the most relaxed and relieved I've seen him in a long time," Pat Knight said during his show. "He thought about doing it a year ago but he didn't want people to think he was just staying for the record. So he kind of pushed himself to go one more year."

I'd be very surprised if Knight returned to coaching at any school.

Roy doesn't like NC state?

See bottom of story linked from WS Journal.

Is there any particular reason why Roy should dislike NC State more than other teams?

http://www2.journalnow.com/sports/20...nox-ar-738278/