Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I hate to say it, but I am impressed with the job Lavin has done with St. Johns. They are playing well. They are moving the ball effectively against us.

Quote Originally Posted by rotogod00 View Post
    1st assist with 9 minutes left. not good
    Well, we've had several good passes result in wide open threes. They just haven't fallen.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by Gthoma2a View Post
    I hate to say it, but I am impressed with the job Lavin has done with St. Johns. They are playing well. They are moving the ball effectively against us.
    May not be good for us here today, but I think it's a good thing for college basketball to have the johnnies back on the map

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    Well, we've had several good passes result in wide open threes. They just haven't fallen.
    wide open threes are good and all, and i know it's a big part of our game. but there's still only a 50% shot at best. how about a layup or two. last i checked, those are close to 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedevil114 View Post
    Someone tell Vern that Tyler and Seth are two different players. He said Tyler was coming in when it was actually Seth.

I hope Duke is saving the three point makes for the Maryland game.
    I hope we're saving them for the second half of THIS game.

It does seem to me that when Mason makes a move outside of the paint and tries some sort of fading shot, they rarely go in.

On paper they shouldn't be anywhere near our level, but they are playing brilliant basketball. We've got to get a run in sometime.

they are playing GREAT defense

they are playing GREAT defense
    and we are countering with terrible offense... settling for threes, turning the ball over, and also playing horrible defense

Finally a 3!

Thornton shoots a 3 only to have a man land on him. No call. Sometimes it's just not your day.

wide open threes are good and all, and i know it's a big part of our game. but there's still only a 50% shot at best. how about a layup or two. last i checked, those are close to 100%.
    See any available? I haven't.

Our offense has been anything but crisp (and I've been shouting for 20 some minutes for Nolan or someone to drive on them) but our defense is porous. How many times do they have to drive with guys on either side of the baseline to pass to before you learn to defend it? It's like when playing BC and they're always going downhill (make a pass and that person is immediately driving to the goal waiting to be passed back to). Took us too long to learn how to defend that, too.

That should have been a foul. I know it doesn't always get called, but if a guy runs into the shooter so hard that he gets knocked into the bench, and then doesn't move off of him until after the ball has missed and gone out of bounds, that should be a foul.

Quote Originally Posted by SMO View Post
    See any available? I haven't.
    penetrate and dish

Quote Originally Posted by burns15 View Post
    and we are countering with terrible offense... settling for threes, turning the ball over, and also playing horrible defense
    I think they have showed two straight possessions how to beat a press. Can someone learn for that?
    Last edited by Bluedevil114; 01-30-2011 at 01:58 PM.
    The Terrapin Assassin

This is bad, painfully bad.

Our defense has been non-existent. And how about trying something other than shooting 3's???? Do we not try to get easy buckets? Nolan has been non-existent, Seth is non existent, Andre is non existent. One of our guards has to start being aggressive.

We do not look anything like a top 5 team today.

My heart hurts! CAN THEY MISS A SHOT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gthoma2a View Post
    My heart hurts!
    love the defense being played here... apparently the strategy is give as wide open of a shot as possible and pray that they miss... good strategy

This is the Clemson game all over again.

Im done with this game. On to the next!