Great read on Coach K and Chris Collins

There is a great story up on Zagsblog.com about how Coach K and Chris Collins came to the assistance of Jimmy Carr, a Rutgers assistant, whose 2 year old son is being treated at The Duke Medical Center for epilepsy. This is another wonderful insight as to the quality of the people we have running our basketball program. (if I knew how to import the link I would have done so. Hopefully someone else will do it).

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by awich1 View Post
    There is a great story up on Zagsblog.com about how Coach K and Chris Collins came to the assistance of Jimmy Carr, a Rutgers assistant, whose 2 year old son is being treated at The Duke Medical Center for epilepsy. This is another wonderful insight as to the quality of the people we have running our basketball program. (if I knew how to import the link I would have done so. Hopefully someone else will do it).
    Great story!! It really makes you appreciate what a great man we have as our Head Coach. Coach Collins as well, of course. Class, all the way.

Best part, was the dad, Carr, sending an email to Coach Collins one night -- the same night as a Duke BB game -- and getting an email back at 11:30PM from Collins, and then a call from K's Assistant at 7:30AM the next day with arrangements underway with the doctors... Wow!

I sure hope that Brayden comes through ok. It sounds like a 50-50 success rate. At least he's getting the best attention possible at Duke Medical Center. As a parent I just can't imagine how scary it must be going though all of that. He's in our prayers.
    http://www.zagsblog.com/

Nice story. Thanks for posting the link. I hope the little guy ends up OK.

Quote Originally Posted by -bdbd View Post
    Great story!! It really makes you appreciate what a great man we have as our Head Coach. Coach Collins as well, of course. Class, all the way.

Best part, was the dad, Carr, sending an email to Coach Collins one night -- the same night as a Duke BB game -- and getting an email back at 11:30PM from Collins, and then a call from K's Assistant at 7:30AM the next day with arrangements underway with the doctors... Wow!

I sure hope that Brayden comes through ok. It sounds like a 50-50 success rate. At least he's getting the best attention possible at Duke Medical Center. As a parent I just can't imagine how scary it must be going though all of that. He's in our prayers.
    http://www.zagsblog.com/

Superb story. The timing of that email Coach Collins sent back is incredible. What a class act Coach K is and its rubbed off on everyone in the program. That guy has got to be the most caring individual in sports. I hope I can have half of the heart Coach K has for people. I am so happy he is and always will be our coach.

And of course I will be pulling for lil Brayden Carr. Get well bud!

Terrific story and just another small example of what really sets Coach K and his entire staff apart. Before it gets buried under other stories, here is a more specific link: http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/01/26/c...uy-at-rutgers/

Great find and get well Brayden!

Thanks!

Every time you read one of these stories that makes it into the media, it makes you wonder how many times such things have been done that never get reported. People who don't understand what Coach means when he says he's a leader first should pay closer attention to stories like this.

GO BRAYDEN!!

Coach K, Duke Help ‘Little Guy’ at Rutgers

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/01/26/c...rs/#more-45877

Good K article. Coach K is the man.