Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Boozer

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Good call. And perhaps even more improbably, the only one we lost was in Cameron, on Senior Night. Odd, indeed.
    I remember feeling the next day that losing the game paled in comparison to thinking Boozer was gone and our hopes for a National Championship gone with him. And we were heading into Chapel Hill next and I was not confident. We beat them. Beat them again the next week in the ACC Championship and the rest is history. Every button Coach K pushed over that five week period was the right one.

Quote Originally Posted by wsb3 View Post
    ...Every button Coach K pushed over that five week period was the right one.
    Yep. That was truly one of the most masterful coaching performances in any sport in the last couple of decades. And then Coach K turned in another such performance with the entirety of last season's body of work.
    I know we say it all the time, but I really hope people realize that we're watching one of the true greats in American sport.

I remember this game like it was last night. I turned the game off with around 2 minutes while trying to rationalize that this was a good loss.
    My son called me to ask if I believed what was happening & I went into my spiel about it still being okay to lose now & he told me I needed to turn the TV back on just in time to see Jason nail a 3. That was when we figured out I was the jinx with Maryland so I was not allowed to watch the ACC Tourny when we played Maryland. Imagine being in the hospital, connected to an IV & having to listen to my son give me play-by-play on the phone & not being allowed to watch.

BTW, is the 2001 championship team going to be honored this year, perhaps during halftime of the GTech game (NBA All-Star break)?
    "Something in my vicinity is Carolina blue and this offends me." - HPR

Quote Originally Posted by HaveFunExpectToWin View Post
    It's still amazing to me that we played MD four times that season and each game was a classic.
    I would say that the three wins were classics. The loss was sort of an unremarkable game - Maryland ended up winning by 11, although did have a decent second half comeback to do so.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Right you are

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    My memory tells me that was Dixon, but my memory does funny things from time to time.
    It was Dixon. Battier pretty well knew Maryland's plays.