WBB: Only undefeated team

Having watched several Duke games this season, and having observed some not-too-elegant wins and some too-close-calls, I am very pleased to report that our Blue Devils are the ONLY REMAINING UNDEFEATED DIVISION I TEAM. That is cause for celebration, admiration, notice and respect. I suggest we pause for a moment and give the ladies a hearty round of warranted DBR applause.

The details are found here: http://espn.go.com/womens-college-basketball/standingshttp://espn.go.com/womens-college-basketball/standings.

Love this team! They are playing like they are on a mission. Relentless defense from everyone. A double double for Krystal Thomas v. Tech and good defense from AV. Amazing guard play. Important contributions from the freshmen. 100 wins for Coach P. This is a team that deserves our support. Let's go Duke!!!

It may not always be pretty but you don't know that from the W-L record. Way to go, Blue Devils. Keep up the hard work.

I'm happy to see that Duke is undefeated, but they have yet to play any of the big 3 (uconn stanford and baylor), and in their two toughest games thus far, they won by 3 and 1 point (I think) contrast this to uconn who beat UNC by 20 something last week.

Obviously I'm happy our women are undefeated, but we won't be able to place them in the elite echelon until they play their big game at uconn next week.

(I personally don't hold much hope that the duke will win, but then again I was there 6 or 7 years ago...)

Congratulations to Coach P for the way she has run this program.
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    I'm happy to see that Duke is undefeated, but they have yet to play any of the big 3 (uconn stanford and baylor), and in their two toughest games thus far, they won by 3 and 1 point (I think) contrast this to uconn who beat UNC by 20 something last week.

Obviously I'm happy our women are undefeated, but we won't be able to place them in the elite echelon until they play their big game at uconn next week.

(I personally don't hold much hope that the duke will win, but then again I was there 6 or 7 years ago...)

Congratulations to Coach P for the way she has run this program.
    I would be concerned about playing any of those 3 teams and throw Tennessee in there while you're at it. That being said, we have a shot at the final four if one of those four should bow out early.

Quote Originally Posted by stillcrazie View Post
    That being said, we have a shot at the final four if one of those four should bow out early.
    That and seeding. WIth 2 games with unc and one with uconn, we will have a much better idea of where this team stands based on the second half of the regular season.

Again, nothing to take away from duke here, they've been great, but in women's basketball, you can be phenomenal against almost every teams, and still have very little chance of beating the best. ask the UNC women how that worked out, and the louisville women a couple years ago.
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    That and seeding. WIth 2 games with unc and one with uconn, we will have a much better idea of where this team stands based on the second half of the regular season.

Again, nothing to take away from duke here, they've been great, but in women's basketball, you can be phenomenal against almost every teams, and still have very little chance of beating the best. ask the UNC women how that worked out, and the louisville women a couple years ago.
    We also still have to play Maryland at Comcast.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by stillcrazie View Post
    We also still have to play Maryland at Comcast.
    We will win that game. By a lot. (I think.. )
    As for the other concerns..our not having played "the big three"..I'll withhold my judgement until we come out of Storrs. I will say this..the women have not always won pretty, they haven't always won "definetively", but they have always won. This team is like no other that Duke has had. They rely on both experience and youth at the same time. For whatever reason..it works. They rely on each other. They have no quit. Whether that translates into a FF birth, I have no idea, but I do know with this group it's possible. They simply play a different brand of basketball than everyone else, including "the elite". It's a brand that works. The Duke women are rightfully ranked third, they scare people. For the first time in a long time, they are judged less harshly by the media than by their fans. I don't think that's a bad thing...I love that we are paying so close attention to the ladies that we can even form an opinion.
    State and Clemson first..then on to Storrs. Jasmine wants that game. Badly.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Right after the Stanford - UConn game, I wrote a comment titled "How Duke Beats UConn."

I stand by what I said. We need our best effort at both ends of the floor, but this is a winnable game.