Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I'm Really Mad Now

Decided to go the Xfinity route rather than incur the cost of Tivo up front. I thought it would be an upgrade to HD in BR and living room and a DVR that can be managed over the internet. Wrong! All Comcast did was give me a new modem, hook up the phone and hook up a regular box to the BR tv. BUT, now I get less channels in the BR than with the little DTA box. No ESPN or ESPN2, for example. Ran a tv channel scan and it did nothing. ESPN is not "authorized". Why would I have bothered with this so-called "upgrade" to get less channels in the BR and no DVR command over the internet? I anticipate a lovely time with Comcast on the phone tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by HaveFunExpectToWin View Post
    The title of your post made me think the story would be much worse. Stinks that you had to sit on hold for a long time, but at least you didn't get transferred around. I agree that this a story of mostly positive customer service. Although this would not be the case had a Duke game been on TV. It would be a disaster.
    Yeah, had the baseball season not ended over a week ago , I would have been REALLY REALLY upset, but having no "live" TV meant I had a chance to catch up on some of the stuff on the DVR. Even with 50 hours HD capacity, it was up over 90% full, so it needed some attending to... I will have to see if last night's Survivor is on the "on demand" list for CBS. I suspect it is. I wonder who was voted off?
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Yeah, had the baseball season not ended over a week ago
    Why does the "sticking tongue out" smiley look drunk?

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    Why does the "sticking tongue out" smiley look drunk?
    Because all the current DBR smilies really suck!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Nice story, Ozzie. My experiences have been similar except that with the Signature Service, I get a direct line to their service center. No awaiting. A real person answers. Most recently, I was having problems with my Linksys router. This was compounded by the lead wall right down the middle of my house. My first call was to seek help in getting Mrs Jarhead's computer back into the home net. The the guy suggested a Netgear extender. Found one at the local BestBuy, for a reasonable price, but in the meantime the Linksys stopped working. I messed around with it, but gave up on it when I noticed he TWC Ubee router in Windows' Network and Sharing Center. I called back to TWC, and they stepped me through changing the Ubee access code from the default telephone number to a random sequence of digits and letters. I'm more comfortable with that. I was up and running, my Linksys was recycled, but the lead wall was still there. The Netgear extender, about the size of a small transformer with rabbit ears plugged into a wall outlet, had some very complex set-up steps that I could net execute. Another call to TWC, same guy answered, and he sent out a technician. It was a Sunday morning when I called, and the technician showed up that afternoon. By the time he was finished, the lead wall had disappeared, and my home wi-fi had more bars than 14th Street.