This thread has caught my attention, and is prompting me to learn more about how something like Dropbox could be useful to me. At the same time I have been looking to improve the services that I get from my cable company, TWC. I'll get to that in a minute.

In checking out some of the info offered here I stumbled upon these two websites for Skydrive and Windows Live Mesh at Microsoft. I am in the early stages of studying these sites, and I am imagining several interesting ideas. For example, I am frequently sending documents and pictures to friends and family. With these MS products, all I need to send is the link to them on Skydrive, or Dropbox, or whatever. Another use would be posting pictures here. Now I have to upload them to DBR, but with Skydrive all I need to do is just post a Skydrive link.

Of course if I really get rolling on this, I would need more uploading speed from TWC. They must be shadowing my online activity, because I just received from them a flyer on a new service of theirs called Signature Home™ that would replace my present cable, digital phone, and internet that I get from them. It includes cable TV with whole house DVR with 150 hours of HD (21 hours a day of TV watching in one week), digital phone with computer access (?), their fastest internet speed, and full house wireless that connects TVs, DVRs, computers, printers, stereo, gaming, and mobile phones. It also includes 24/7 dedicated service that supposedly provides on site response. That last thing makes it very attractive, if you can believe it. The norm around here when you call for service is an appointment the end of next week.

Is anybody familiar with this new TWC product? I'd like to know if this is too good to be true. My current wireless is Linksys, but I have not yet networked our printers. Oh yeah, the cost. They are advertising $199.99 per month plus tax and fees. It's a promotional price, but it is pretty close to what I am now paying. The apparent advantages are inviting, but...