Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Not to align myself with Elmore, but some seem to forget that Jon REALLY struggled down the stretch. There was some questions on this board (and in general) about when or whether he would snap out in time for the tourney. I seem to remember him hitting a crazy shot against GT in the ACC final that got him rolling. But I do not dismiss the idea that Jon hit the wall for the last few weeks of February last year.
    None of which invalidates my statement: "Scheyer's leadership, adaptability, selflessness, basketball savvy, tenaciousness, defense and clutch play resulted in the Regular season ACC Championship (in a tie with Maryland), the ACC Championship, a #1 NCAA Tournament seed, a trip to the Final Four, and the National Championship."

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Not to align myself with Elmore, but some seem to forget that Jon REALLY struggled down the stretch. There was some questions on this board (and in general) about when or whether he would snap out in time for the tourney. I seem to remember him hitting a crazy shot against GT in the ACC final that got him rolling. But I do not dismiss the idea that Jon hit the wall for the last few weeks of February last year.
    Whether or not he hit the wall is irrelevant. Elmore said that his tiredness cost Duke. As 4decadukie already stated last season Duke won a Regular season ACC Championship (in a tie with Maryland), the ACC Championship, a #1 NCAA Tournament seed, a trip to the Final Four, and the National Championship. So while one can certainly argue that Jon's minutes may have cost him some individual awards or production it did not cost his team anything. They still won all the titles available to them.

Quote Originally Posted by 4decadedukie View Post
    None of which invalidates my statement: "Scheyer's leadership, adaptability, selflessness, basketball savvy, tenaciousness, defense and clutch play resulted in the Regular season ACC Championship (in a tie with Maryland), the ACC Championship, a #1 NCAA Tournament seed, a trip to the Final Four, and the National Championship."
    We may be talking past each other. Yes, we had a great season and finished with the hardware. That doesn't mean that we were in serious jeopardy because Jon was struggling (for whatever reason).

Did Jon's struggles cost us at the end? No. Could it have? Sure.

Was tired legs the cause of his struggles? None of us know. But if someone like Elmore (or posters on this board) want to suggest that it was, I do not think that is an unreasonable suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by gewwang View Post
    http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/e...48484/27157956

Excited to see the NBA TNT team will be doing some studio coverage. Can't wait to see Charles give Kenny Smith the business if UNC makes it and goes down in the first weekend.
    I have the exact opposite reaction. I do not look forward to the amount of conversation given over to "pro potential of xyz player", how the NCAA really needs the charge circle and analysis and commentary that is more about a different game than college basketball.

I hope its not true, but I recall the ESPN "NBA announcers do college, college announcers do NBA" being pretty poor announcing.

Quote Originally Posted by gewwang View Post
    Can't wait to see Charles give Kenny Smith the business if UNC makes it and goes down in the first weekend.
    Exactly. Some of you complain now, but all is forgiven once you hear the magic words from Sir Charles: "Carolina is turrible."

And you will.

Quote Originally Posted by dukeimac View Post
    I'd like to hear a game in which Dickie V and Bob Knight were the only two guys doing the game.

I think that would be more entertaining then the game. We would have a very good idea of what the players were doing right and what they were doing wrong. But I could see Knight reach over and grab Dickie by the throat once or twice.
    I would love to see Knight go off on Vitale for making his normal moronic comments.

Each year, I really dislike transitioning from the ESPN announcers, who really know college BB, to the CBS announcers, many of which really don't, but may (or may not) be good pro announcers. And I truly despise Marv Albert.

Its just not college basketball without Jay Bilas, Knight and others. So I am very disappointed in this lineup.