#3 Syracuse @ #4 Pitt: What a start!

Anyone else watching this? Pittsburgh scoring 13 points while holding Syracuse scoreless for over 4 minutes and counting...amazing.

The floodgates have opened as Syracuse is now on a 11-0 run. Impressive, but it took Cuse over 8 minutes to score initially, as Pitt opened the game 19-0.

Yes, I am watching. Pretty impressive. On both sides actually, because The Orange is now starting to come back.

Frankly, my first thought was, "Why did the Big East not perform better in last year's tourney?"

Is there any doubt that the Big East is where the best hoops is being played?

19 - 0 run followed by a 17 - 0 run....WOW! These guys are studs!

I wish Kyrie was healthy, and we could play one of these teams on their home court at full strength.

That would be AWESOME to watch!

Then a 7 - 0 run, followed by a 7 - 0 run. They're just trading punches! I'm sure the fans don't know what to think at this point.

Anyone else watching?!?!

Yeah, these are two impressive teams so far. I would actually want no part of Cuse at this point in regards to how we would match up with them. I think we would struggle with their zone trying to move the ball around in sets. And in the paint we could get beat up a bit. Pitt hasn't been one of the strongest teams defensively so far this season but they are very deep.
    "Just be you. You is Enough."

Finally found where the weather suits my clothes – and settled down in Brentwood, CA
    Yeah, I'm watching, too. This is a heck of a game. Dixon just got T'd up, but his team has responded very well and are now up 11 with 5:26 to go.

Grey Devil

pitt starting to pull away...67-57 3:42 left

edit: cuse goin down now...pitt looks realllllllllly good...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

I've been to 6 games at the Peterson Events Center the last 4 years (twice against Syracuse), it's an awesome place to watch a game. No idea why every school doesn't take a page from Duke and Pitt's book and put the students on the floor.

One less unbeaten

This one went the way I expected. Syracuse was missing their leading scorer, out with a concusion.

Finally found where the weather suits my clothes – and settled down in Brentwood, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by ajgoodfella7 View Post
    No idea why every school doesn't take a page from Duke and Pitt's book and put the students on the floor.
    I agree. Trouble is that those other places who do put students on the floor usually relegate them to behind the backboards, or else just have a small area on the side for students (a la Illinois).

Grey Devil

P.S. Here's hoping Kansas goes down to Baylor in the next game...

Um...

Quote Originally Posted by Faison1 View Post
    19 - 0 run followed by a 17 - 0 run....WOW! These guys are studs!

I wish Kyrie was healthy, and we could play one of these teams on their home court at full strength.

That would be AWESOME to watch!
    WITH Kyrie, yes. Without Kyrie could be really ugly. At this point in the season, I wouldn't be too optimistic about our chances against either of these teams.