Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Aftermath of the sick Nolan dunk

http://twitpic.com/3qc1t5

Nolan's dunk is in my top ten all time.
    ~rthomas

I was yelling for kyrie to sit down!!

The center of the basketball universe (aka: North Carolina)
    Quote Originally Posted by grossbus View Post
    I was yelling for kyrie to sit down!!
    haha WHY?!?

I absolutely loves how into the games our bench gets.

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    http://twitpic.com/3qc1t5

Nolan's dunk is in my top ten all time.
    Hairston's reaction is in my top ten all time too!
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

So he wouldn't get his toe stepped on!

The center of the basketball universe (aka: North Carolina)
    Quote Originally Posted by grossbus View Post
    So he wouldn't get his toe stepped on!
    Good point...or hurt someone else with that walking boot. My roommate in college had one at one point I'm sure you can do damage with those things!

DUNK

OF

THE

YEAR

absolutely ferocious

Quote Originally Posted by blazindw View Post
    Hairston's reaction is in my top ten all time too!
    No way, I hate that reaction.

It's entirely fabricated. He's doing the "hold everyone back so they stay on the bench and we don't get a penalty."

Look, no one is going to run onto the court in celebration and give Nolan a hi five and get in trouble.

It's one of those things where people see it done on TV so many times they start instantly doing it themselves. There is nothing genuine to it.

Leave it for the #15 seed in March who hits a three in the second half to trim #2's lead to 11 points.

I am ALL FOR the players going ballistic on the bench. That "bend down and hold people back" move is just silly and frankly unoriginal.

Quote Originally Posted by YourLandlord View Post

It's entirely fabricated. He's doing the "hold everyone back so they stay on the bench and we don't get a penalty."

Look, no one is going to run onto the court in celebration and give Nolan a hi five and get in trouble.

It's one of those things where people see it done on TV so many times they start instantly doing it themselves. There is nothing genuine to it.

Leave it for the #15 seed in March who hits a three in the second half to trim #2's lead to 11 points.

I am ALL FOR the players going ballistic on the bench. That "bend down and hold people back" move is just silly and frankly unoriginal.
    wow, another way to kill the party.
    ~rthomas

I think part of it is the great face Josh is making, not just the "hold the bench back" maneuver. Either way why so harsh???

Late Addition: Now I remember who you wanted to see cheering behind the bench.
    Last edited by HateCarolina; 01-15-2011 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Late addition required.

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    wow, another way to kill the party.
    unfortunately, i agree with yll....i hate it when other teams do it and i wish we didn't do it..
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by HateCarolina View Post
    I think part of it is the great face Josh is making, not just the "hold the bench back" maneuver. Either way why so harsh???
    It is know as the "hold the board back maneuver," intended to dampen enthusiasm and minimize enjoyment on internet bulletin boards.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    It is know as the "hold the board back maneuver," intended to dampen enthusiasm and minimize enjoyment on internet bulletin boards.
    You literally made me cackle here...glad the family is out of town otherwise they would have thought dad lost his mind!!!

Seriously? I LOVE that reaction, it makes them all seem energized and ready to storm the court. How awesome would the atmosphere be if it constantly felt like the crazies were going to storm the court and we had to hold everyone back? The energy would be amazing. I don't see a problem with the bench players doing it -- much better than just jumping or clapping.

Hmm. Looks to me as though Kyrie is holding Hairston back. Not the other way around. At any rate, it was an extremely emotional moment in the game so cut them some slack, you party poopers. It's not like they dance around and act like that all the time, acting goofy at the drop of a hat like some neighbors who shall remain nameless. Most of the time this team is all serious and workmanlike, bless their hearts.
    Love, Ima

I am not a fan of showboating by any means. But that dunk was NASTY. My wife was holding me back, and I'm a bit long in the tooth as is. These kids had just been !@#$@#$ out by K at half, and the LEADER of the team went abso-freakin-lutely nuclear. Let kids be kids.

Hairston actually got the move from Frank Costanza.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Corey View Post
    Hairston actually got the move from Frank Costanza.
    And he shouldn't be scolded for using it unless he tries it on Estelle, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by juise View Post
    And he shouldn't be scolded for using it unless he tries it on Estelle, IMO.
    I'm for celebrating as long as no one does the danny green dance. Go Duke!

Thumbs up

Here's a good pic I found. Even Austin is pumped!
    Attached Images Attached Images