Thread: Board question:

Board question:

How are those little titles that appear beneath our user names assigned? "Victory Cigar, Bench Warmer, In the Rotation", etc.? I find the image of a dowdy faculty wife like me puffing on a victory cigar amusing. I'd be much better suited to warming a bench...the wider the bench, the better.
    Love, Ima

Never mind...I think I get it.

Zero to fifty posts = Hoop dreams. Fifty to a hundred = Victory Cigar, etc, etc. Right?

Love, Ima

Quote Originally Posted by Ima Facultiwyfe View Post
    Zero to fifty posts = Hoop dreams. Fifty to a hundred = Victory Cigar, etc, etc. Right?
    Something like that. The levels go quite high. It will be interesting to see if anyone can figure it all out. It would be impossible at this point as no one is anywhere close to the top several levels and the two leading posters (me and Throaty) are both moderators with "Special" titles that others do not get

-Jason "on the off-topic board, there has been a little bit of discussion of this" Evans

Interesting

OK, so basically, I'm posting to see what shows up by my name
    Besides I haven't posted anything in a while.

I've broken it down in this thread up to the highest point we have been able to record definitely - Starter.

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    I've broken it down in this thread up to the highest point we have been able to record definitely - Starter.
    If you live long enough and post enough times, you can be Chairman of the Board of Trustees!

I liked the idea that someone threw out there that we would be able to choose certain players from the appropriate category. For example, as "In the Rotation", I would have been able to choose Zoubs last year (on most nights, at least).

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clipsfan View Post
    I liked the idea that someone threw out there that we would be able to choose certain players from the appropriate category. For example, as "In the Rotation", I would have been able to choose Zoubs last year (on most nights, at least).
    While the system won't let you customize your title, I suggest that using your signature to declare yourself in the role of a certain "in the rotation" player would be appropriate. As your title advances, you can modify the signature appropriately.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBDuke View Post
    While the system won't let you customize your title, I suggest that using your signature to declare yourself in the role of a certain "in the rotation" player would be appropriate. As your title advances, you can modify the signature appropriately.
    Nice idea...Now I have a sig - Dibs on the 9-fingered lithuanian

Dibs on Buckner!

I'll take the hard working, although he did often start, McClure

Marty only has nine fingers?

Quote Originally Posted by mapei View Post
    Marty only has nine fingers?
    More like 9.5.

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/2...spocius3mk.jpg

One day in practice Patrick Davidson landed a monster 540 dunk over Marty that had K furious. Marty whined that he was trying as hard as he could. K just nodded at PD. Patrick then grabbed Marty's hand, bit off the end of the middle finger, spat it out, and said "try harder."

Bring back the Patrick Davidson thread

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Berg View Post
    More like 9.5.

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/2...spocius3mk.jpg

One day in practice Patrick Davidson landed a monster 540 dunk over Marty that had K furious. Marty whined that he was trying as hard as he could. K just nodded at PD. Patrick then grabbed Marty's hand, bit off the end of the middle finger, spat it out, and said "try harder."
    Funny, I thought after PD spat out the middle finger, he sneered at Marty and said:
    "You've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"

The "Victory Cigar" is a bit lame. I will not be satisfied until I achieve Patrick Davidson level, whatever that is.

Cheers,
    Lavabe