Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Carolina 64, VT 61

Surprised that there is not already a thread.

As much as I detest Va. Tech, 28-14 looks very nice at this point.

Been working in the kitchen (no jokes please) so not able to follow in detail, but unnch doesn't seem engaged.

Jim

Yawn...

Quote Originally Posted by Tappan Zee Devil View Post
    Surprised that there is not already a thread.

As much as I detest Va. Tech, 28-14 looks very nice at this point.

Been working in the kitchen (no jokes please) so not able to follow in detail, but unnch doesn't seem engaged.

Jim
    From the few minutes of this game that I've bothered watching...what an awful half of college basketball. This is the ACC? Carolina's guard play is atrocious.

Totally unwatchable. Almost every ACC game has been so far, including Duke's.

Ive had trouble sleeping so I turned this game on and after 5 minutes I cant keep my eyes open anymore. Thanks tarheels I needed it.

Talking UNC Comin' Back

Well, I left the dinner table to watch the game with VPI ahead by 16. UNC scored nine in a row to draw it down to seven at the half.

I may go back to the table for dessert.

sagegrouse

Worst ACC season ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Vincetaylor View Post
    Totally unwatchable. Almost every ACC game has been so far, including Duke's.
    Honestly, this season's ACC really may be the weakest in the conference's history, with so many mediocre or just plain bad (Wake, GT) teams.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Well, I left the dinner table to watch the game with VPI ahead by 16. UNC scored nine in a row to draw it down to seven at the half.

sagegrouse
    And don't forget the after dinner drink.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post

sagegrouse
    This game is ova. UNC will win easily.

Home cooking

VT is getting some "home cooking" from these refs. Oh, but Duke get's all the calls. GoDuke!

why does Drew II ever play? Marshall is so much obviously the better player that it is just ludicrous for him not to play. Marshall after 40 strait minutes is better than a fresh LD II. Perhaps LD II could play alongside KM, but he should never sub for him.

Jay Bilas: "This is one you put in a time capsule and then lose the map."

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    why does Drew II ever play? Marshall is so much obviously the better player that it is just ludicrous for him not to play. Marshall after 40 strait minutes is better than a fresh LD II. Perhaps LD II could play alongside KM, but he should never sub for him.
    the writing is on the wall, the only one who doesn't see it is Roy. LDII sees it, it cripples him.

Barnes

that was the first time that Barnes has impressed me. He hit a nice little jumper in the lane and then nailed a secondary break 3.
    edit: and again with a key 3 with a minute left. Impressive.
    Last edited by DukieInBrasil; 01-13-2011 at 10:57 PM. Reason: props

First of all, this is why you DONT START THREADS UNTIL AT LEAST THE SECOND HALF PEOPLE. (Not that I believe in jinxing, but you just end up looking silly). (Well I do believe in Jinxes).

Second, of course Barnes starts hitting 3s. Of Course. If VT had ANY BENCH, they could get back into this by fouling Henson constantly.

(Also, i don't get how Delaney can be accurate with such a high arcing shot. So bad.)
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

My God. VT is so dumb. BLATANT CHARGE. Seth can't you teach your players to not be stupid?

Carolina Delenda Est

Officials bailing out the holes. Zeller draws a charge with his head directly under the basket. (So no Loran, it was not a blatant charge, since the defender has no right to that spot.)
    Last edited by dukebluelemur; 01-13-2011 at 10:57 PM. Reason: (response to previous post)

Quote Originally Posted by dukebluelemur View Post
    Officials bailing out the holes. Zeller draws a charge with his head directly under the basket.
    Don't blame the refs for that call. There's no circle painted, making Refs calling a block there so unlikely, and he was BEYOND planted.

EDIT: I'm not saying by the rules you're not correct. But with No circle painted (something i bet changes next year), the refs will call charge 9 times out of 10. The only time refs notice the circle now is when a player slides under neath at the last second. But he was planted for whole seconds.

Carolina Delenda Est

Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    Don't blame the refs for that call. There's no circle painted, making Refs calling a block there so unlikely, and he was BEYOND planted.
    Yes there should be a circle. It would help the refs be something but completely arbitrary on those calls. BUT it was still the wrong call, by a wide margin. He was directly under the basket.

And Delaney is a moron. Why WOULD YOU TAKE A THREE WITH EIGHT MORE SECONDS AND A ONE POINT DEFICIT?!?!?

Carolina Delenda Est

Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    And Delaney is a moron. Why WOULD YOU TAKE A THREE WITH EIGHT MORE SECONDS AND A ONE POINT DEFICIT?!?!?
    maybe because he is 7 for 12 from 3? he has only made one 2 point basket.