Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by diveonthefloor View Post
    Anyone know who the broadcast team will be for the game?
    It is Shulman and Vitale. Get ESPN3 ready. Georgetown and Pitt still have 6 minutes to go. UGH!

The City of Brotherly Love except when it's cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by DukeHoopsGuru View Post
    Anyone have a chat link for the game? And is it always the same link? I clicked on the link in the sticky, but that doesn't appear to be it. Thank you.
    Try this.

http://www.snrub.com/

We saw what happens when Nolan struggles offensively, the team's offense struggles. Our defense was great against Maryland but because our offense was not able to pull away against their great D, the Terps got back in it.

I expect a similar issue tonight. Chris Singleton is one of the better defenders around so he'll be blanketing Smith. I expect Nolan to have another tough shooting night. We will need to lean on Kyle again to pretty much do everything. What could help us however is limiting the turnovers which really got us into trouble the other night.

We are going to have a tough time scoring in this one. I feel like the key is limiting turnovers and staying out of foul trouble. I feel like we'll need to go with the small lineup in crunch time as we had to do the entire 2nd half against the Terps. We're at our best offensively with this lineup and we seem to do fairly well defensively also.
    "Just be you. You is Enough."

Quote Originally Posted by DukeHoopsGuru View Post
    Anyone have a chat link for the game? And is it always the same link? I clicked on the link in the sticky, but that doesn't appear to be it. Thank you.
    It should always be the same link. That one works for me.

Tipoff not until 9:10 so we may catch it.

live tempo-based stats for the game here, starters are posted

http://www.scacchoops.com/ViewHDGame.asp?hSchedule=7008

Curry is starting once again for Duke instead of Dawkins

Quote Originally Posted by jipops View Post
    We saw what happens when Nolan struggles offensively, the team's offense struggles. Our defense was great against Maryland but because our offense was not able to pull away against their great D, the Terps got back in it.

I expect a similar issue tonight. Chris Singleton is one of the better defenders around so he'll be blanketing Smith. I expect Nolan to have another tough shooting night. We will need to lean on Kyle again to pretty much do everything. What could help us however is limiting the turnovers which really got us into trouble the other night.

We are going to have a tough time scoring in this one. I feel like the key is limiting turnovers and staying out of foul trouble. I feel like we'll need to go with the small lineup in crunch time as we had to do the entire 2nd half against the Terps. We're at our best offensively with this lineup and we seem to do fairly well defensively also.
    If Singleton is guarding Nolan, who will guard Kyle?

Quote Originally Posted by 94duke View Post
    If Singleton is guarding Nolan, who will guard Kyle?
    this is also my thought. i think he'll end up guarding singler more after the night is done.

9. Anybody know where I can watch the game online?

We need to pick up the intensity.

Have had some good looks but some rim out or back rim. Hopefully those will start dropping. How was that last play before the under 12 TO not a foul on FSU? We're still looking a bit sloppy with the ball, like there's no clue what to do with it.

Thank you Dick Vitale, and thank you Coach K. For what? For telling everyone that Duke isn't close to as good as people thought they'd be without Kyrie. Too many fans are still talking about going undefeated and such. Are you kidding me? Without us even having played one road game without Kyrie. Sorry, that's not going to happen. Tonight we finally get to see just how valuable Kyrie was. Don't be surprised if Duke loses this game, and loses it badly. I don't want that to happen, obviously, but I won't be surprised if it does. We are having a terrible time getting a good shot on offense because we aren't able to penetrate and then either finish or kick. Everything is perimeter and that's just not gonna cut it.

Duke has thrown two defensive wrinkles at FSU so far - first a soft 3/4 court press and second a 2-3 zone. Both were run for one possession each and served to break FSU's rhythm.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Thank you Dick Vitale, and thank you Coach K. For what? For telling everyone that Duke isn't close to as good as people thought they'd be without Kyrie. Too many fans are still talking about going undefeated and such. Are you kidding me? Without us even having played one road game without Kyrie. Sorry, that's not going to happen. Tonight we finally get to see just how valuable Kyrie was. Don't be surprised if Duke loses this game, and loses it badly. I don't want that to happen, obviously, but I won't be surprised if it does. We are having a terrible time getting a good shot on offense because we aren't able to penetrate and then either finish or kick. Everything is perimeter and that's just not gonna cut it.
    Giving up on this one already?!

Finally a 3

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    Giving up on this one already?!
    No, of course not. I'm just saying this is our first real test since Kyrie's injury because it's a road game. And I do think it's very possible we lose this game. The silver lining is that FSU is atrocious on offense. I think if we were playing a solid offensive team we really would be in trouble.

U-G-L-Y
    This game ain't got no Alabi
    It's ugly, yeah, yeah, it's ugly

Quote Originally Posted by Dukeface88 View Post
    U-G-L-Y
    This game ain't got no Alabi
    It's ugly, yeah, yeah, it's ugly
    And that might be an understatement! It really is horrible right now.

I just wish Nolan knew how to pass. He would really be a high first rounder. His vision may be the worse on the team overall. Doesn't seem he knows how to interchange between the scorer and passer. It's one or the other...

Nolan for the second game in a row

is simply not giving the ball up...coaches need to tell him...he misse Kyle on an easy layup and a pass out to Andre...selfish, imo