Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
Singler played VERY well, not just pretty well. And it's easier to play well when you only have to bring it for ~15 minutes as opposed to carrying the team for the full 40.

Curry and Thornton were definitely key in the second half runs, and without their performances we very well may have lost. But Singler brought it for 40 minutes. And without his performance we definitely would have lost. He was the player of the game for me, with a strong honorable mention for both Curry and Thornton.
Unfortunately in this game, Kyle has to "settle" for the fact that he is the NPOY candidate... so "bringing it for 40 minutes" is somewhat expected... kinda like how hard it will be for Coach K to get COY honors again.

I went with Tyler. During the 2nd half, I think it was about half-way through Tyler's impact on the game, I told myself... "self, Tyler's the MOTM for me". And he continued his great play. Unfortunately, his freshman, lack-of-playing time in pressure situations, probably contributed to his 2 FT misses late in the game. But still, Tyler turned the energy level and game to me...