127 49.22%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

MOTM: Duke vs. Maryland (1/9/2011)

Who was the Man-of-the-Match?
    Bob Green

Kyle

Singler.

dth.

My vote goes to Tyler Thornton. Duke was struggling on defense so Coach Krzyzewski inserted Thornton into the line-up and played him major minutes. Thornton changed the flow of the game in Duke's favor.
    Bob Green

Kyle and Tyler...it's a tie.

Kyle, but I almost want to vote for Tyler because his contribution was sooooooo much more unexpected.

Thornton

I know Kyle technically desrves the vote but I had to go with Tyler, he and Curry stepped up bigtime.

While Singler provided the important points I think that Thornton totally changed the attitude of the team in the second half just when we needed it. Coach settled into a nice offense/defense rotation with Curry and Thornton at the end of the game. Great game for Tyler.

Can a guy playing only 12 minutes with just one bucket win MOTM? Guess we're gonna find out

Kyle was steady from start to finish and Tyler played some excellent defense, but it was Seth with the much needed offensive spark that we've been waiting for who gets my vote.

Kyle was the best player on the court, but you can't argue with anyone who named Tyler MOTM. Great to see him come up big.

The center of the basketball universe (aka: North Carolina)
    I realize that Kyle was the man when you look at the stats but I don't think he matched what Tyler did for us tonight as far as energizing the team. Tyler stepped in as a freshmen and made some pivotal plays. He looked poised and ready. I was very impressed with him.

Had my vote for Thornton but 2 missed free throws in put the game away time caused me to change the vote for Kyle. Tyler provided great energy and was a real spark but Kyle made the clutch plays down the stretch.

No way we win without Kyle tonight with Nolan a little off. But Tyler, he gets my honorable mention vote. He stepped up and played amazingly well. I feel much more confident in our team knowing we can get that from him.

Quote Originally Posted by rotogod00 View Post
    Can a guy playing only 12 minutes with just one bucket win MOTM? Guess we're gonna find out
    4 steals and 2 charges = 6 more possessions in crucial game time.

plus that sweet bucket in the lane!

Quote Originally Posted by sleepybear View Post
    I know Kyle technically desrves the vote but I had to go with Tyler, he and Curry stepped up bigtime.
    This is my thinking too. Kyle was our offense in the first half, but Seth and Tyler were huge in turning a 38-32 deficit into a 46-40 lead in the second half. Seth saved us offensively, and Tyler defensively - I went with Tyler because of the sheer number of plays he made, even outside of that stretch, but Seth scored a lot of points in a critical period. I thought those two guys were our only guards who didn't play scared of Maryland's toughness today.

The charge Tyler took off the pick and roll and the time he stripped Jordan Williams of an offensive rebound putback and came away with the ball were huge in the last few minutes.

Kyle gets my vote, but man am I happy for Tyler. Way to go, kid!

I don't think I have ever voted for a player just because he made some high energy plays. But in this type of game I feel like I've got to give it to Tyler. All of his plays were at major points in the game and were extremely pivotal. We don't win this game without Tyler's defensive stops, and Kyle would not have gotten his 25 without them either.
    "Just be you. You is Enough."

Quote Originally Posted by DevilHorns View Post
    4 steals and 2 charges = 6 more possessions in crucial game time.

plus that sweet bucket in the lane!
    Exactly why he got my vote. Having more possessions is so key in a game like this.
    "Just be you. You is Enough."

Tyler Thornton was the difference maker tonight. His defense was relentless and he plays within himself. Did not rush anything except his free throws but you can expect that from a freshman. That runner in the lane was incredible.

Nolan was forcing in the first half and Kyle was incredible!!
    The Terrapin Assassin

Kyle was our best player tonight, but I've gotta give TT the MOTM nod. He entered the game in the second half after spending the entire first half on the bench and just made smart play after smart play. He was steady, under control, and always in the right place at the right time. The Plumlees could learn a thing or two from him.