View Poll Results: One loss, or none?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Go into the NC2As with a single regular season loss.

13 32.50%
  • Go into the NC2As undefeated.

27 67.50%

If you could choose...

Okay, I know everyone is on board with the "No I want to win every game!" idea...

But if you had the power to choose...

Would you want us to be undefeated going into the NCAA tournament?

Or would you prefer that we had a single loss suffered during the regular season?

I know it sounds silly, but I am curious as to what people think... while winning is great, would the pressure and distraction of being undefeated actually be more of a negative? Can a team learn from a loss in a way they cannot learn from a win? Or is the confidence bred from winning valuable?

a team doesn't need to learn to lose..as long as there are tough games throughout the season to get the team battle tested..such as last night..they are fine

Originally I was going to vote '1 loss' but then realized an undefeated regular season would be pretty historical and something to remember regardless of NCAAT performance. Of course, yes, chances are you'd be that undefeated team that got beat in the tourney (UNLV anyone?). But I don't imagine the pressure of being undefeated at that point is sooooo much greater than entering as a 1-loss 1-seed that everyone is expecting to repeat.

Anyone remember the New England Patriots....the pressure of going undefeated was too much. Then again a one loss 1999 Duke team did not help us win either. I will take a 35-5 record as long as we win our last game. Go Duke!!
    The Terrapin Assassin

i highly doubt the last thing going through the patriots minds when the giants scored was 18-0..these are, in the case of the patriots, professional athletes with very good coaches and in the case of 1999 duke very good athletes with the best coaching around..they concentrate on the game at hand no overall record..the other team worries about that record and it either hinders them or gives them a huge boost performance-wise