The center of the basketball universe (aka: North Carolina)

Duke Grad School

I'm in my first year of teaching and, while I absolutely love it, I am accutely aware of the fact that my job is by no means secure. Budget cuts always equal bad news for teachers without tenure, particularly first years. It's always been a goal of mine to go to graduate school anyway so I'm looking into it. Does anyone here who went to Duke for graduate school have any advice on getting in? I was wait-listed as an undergrad but I would love to go to Duke as a grad student. General advice on grad school would be greatly appreciated as well. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DukeBlueHeart4 View Post
    I'm in my first year of teaching and, while I absolutely love it, I am accutely aware of the fact that my job is by no means secure. Budget cuts always equal bad news for teachers without tenure, particularly first years. It's always been a goal of mine to go to graduate school anyway so I'm looking into it. Does anyone here who went to Duke for graduate school have any advice on getting in? I was wait-listed as an undergrad but I would love to go to Duke as a grad student. General advice on grad school would be greatly appreciated as well. Thanks!
    I found graduate school admission easier than undergraduate. The graduate school plus which department you apply to may make a difference.

What are your goals related to graduate school and your career future?

Obviously, we have no idea of your interests or undergraduate background, however -- largely due to the current economic conditions -- Duke now offers several one-year Masters "professional" degrees (including an MSM at Fuqua and an MEM at Pratt).